To provide excellent customer service from the preparation, presentation and service of food, beverages and vending services to the client & Sodexos satisfaction.
- Comply with all Company and client policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, site rules, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace (Specific Site Rules)
- Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies, ensuring completion of daiy allergens log.
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the departments activities. To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime.
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good communications skills
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality.
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Basic Certificate in general hygiene
- Experience of working in an environment where compliance to standards is key.
- Knowledge of Company IT systems such as PayIT
This is an exciting opportunity to join our on site catering team working in our newly redeveloped Dining Facilities.
37.5 hours Flexible across various shift patterns
You will be working across all areas of the catering facilities in different outlets and be required to take on various tasks within these areas of front of house catering.
Free parking, uniform provided, free meal on duty provided.
About the Company
We are 427,000 people touching the lives of 100million consumers on a daily basis. From dietitians, healthcare workers and receptionists to electricians, senior care providers and cooks, we seek to make every day a better day. Working in our more than 100 professions, we share a passion for serving others.
We offer our clients services that make life better for their employees and consumers. Our teams make the places where people work more comfortable and friendly. Our chefs add flavour at mealtimes. Our specialists keep hospital rooms spotless to help patients heal. Our solutions make it easier to manage business expenses. We work to improve quality of life, helping people to be more satisfied and productive. By contributing to individual well-being, we help clients enhance the performance of their organisations.
Commis Chef Hilton York Hotel Yorkshire What will I be doing? As a Commis Chef, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member...
We are proud members of the Association of First Aiders and are national providers of first aid, health and safety, food hygiene, and fire marshal trainers to businesses across the UK. We help...
« Back to results Role: Technical Manager Area: West/North Yorkshire Salary: up to £44,000 per annum plus up to 10% bonus and 10% pension Industry: Food Manufacturing Do you want to work for one...
Job Title: PTG Customer Services Assistant - 12 month Fixed Term Contract Location: York About the role This role is part of a dedicated PTG Customer Service Team, who support the ordering of...
**Please note: If your application is shortlisted you will be invited to attend a selection event on Saturday 24th February in Wakefield. ** Would you like to be part of a team delivering an...
Job Title: Sales Manager - Plant Protection Programme Location: York, Sand Hutton About the role Drive sales of the services in the Plant Clinic and eDNA portfolio. Utilising proven sales tactics...
Commis Chef Hilton York Hotel Yorkshire What will I be doing? As a Commis Chef, you are...
We are proud members of the Association of First Aiders and are national providers of first aid,...
« Back to results Role: Technical Manager Area: West/North Yorkshire Salary: up to £44,000 per...
Job Title: PTG Customer Services Assistant - 12 month Fixed Term Contract Location: York About...
**Please note: If your application is shortlisted you will be invited to attend a selection...
Job Title: Sales Manager - Plant Protection Programme Location: York, Sand Hutton About the...