My client, an IT systems provider based in Ipswich are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller with a high degree of motivation, drive and with a genuine desire to progress within their fast-moving industry.
Based in my client's Head Office, the Financial Controller's main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• To ensure that all financial transactions and activities are accounted for within Sage accounting software and CRM platform ("the Books").
• To produce meaningful monthly management accounts meeting agreed financial deadlines
• To produce meaningful financial forecasts including the annual budget
• To keep a tight control over cash and produce rolling cash flow forecasts
• Assume full responsibility for the Sales, Purchase, Fixed Asset and Nominal ledgers in the Books
• Assume full responsibility for all regular billing routines
• Calculate WIP and deferred Income by job on a monthly basis
• Oversee staff expense process and petty cash process
• Maintain a detailed and accurate fixed asset register
• Supervise credit control
• Negotiate appropriate credit terms with key suppliers and own the relationship
• Provide an office administration service which will include all property leases, insurances and fixed costs
• Perform analysis on ad hoc issues within the business
• Produce full annual year end Books for external accountants to be able to smoothly prepare the annual statutory accounts
• Prepare and submit all government returns, including VAT, PAYE and P11Ds
• To ensure (together with our external accountants) that all statutory and tax compliance is met
The successful applicant will be CIMA, ACCA, or ACA, or part qualified CIMA and have proven work experience as a Financial Controller in addition to:
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• the ability to multi-task
• the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• the ability to work well individually and as part of a team
• good organisation and planning skills
If you would like to apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV to;
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Senior Finance Assurance Accountant-00051035 Description Senior Finance Assurance Accountant Would you like to gain a strategic overview of the Shared Services Function? We currently have a...
Accounting Manager Ipswich, Suffolk Competitive salary Permanent / Full-Time Advertised 1 day ago Closing in 40 days Position Summary A small to medium sized plant, which forms a part of a large...
Suffolk , East Anglia £40,000 - £50,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Apply now The main purpose of this role will be dealing with the financial management and reporting for the Operational...
A regional, first-class plant and tool hire services business across the North West is recruiting! Circa £30k plus Company Car plus performace related Bonus The Role - Asset Manager An exciting...
Financial Analyst Opportunity Permanent full-time position Salary range £25,000-30,000 We have a unique an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to assist the Finance Manager in providing...
Job ID. 817863 College Ref No. FEJobs/17-085 To assist in preparation of financial and management accounts and related financial data to provide financial support. How To Apply College: Colchester...
Senior Finance Assurance Accountant-00051035 Description Senior Finance Assurance...
Accounting Manager Ipswich, Suffolk Competitive salary Permanent / Full-Time Advertised 1 day...
Suffolk , East Anglia £40,000 - £50,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Apply now The main...
A regional, first-class plant and tool hire services business across the North West is...
Financial Analyst Opportunity Permanent full-time position Salary range £25,000-30,000 We have a...
Job ID. 817863 College Ref No. FEJobs/17-085 To assist in preparation of financial and...