My client, an IT systems provider based in Ipswich are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller with a high degree of motivation, drive and with a genuine desire to progress within their fast-moving industry.
Based in my client's Head Office, the Financial Controller's main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• To ensure that all financial transactions and activities are accounted for within Sage accounting software and CRM platform ("the Books").
• To produce meaningful monthly management accounts meeting agreed financial deadlines
• To produce meaningful financial forecasts including the annual budget
• To keep a tight control over cash and produce rolling cash flow forecasts
• Assume full responsibility for the Sales, Purchase, Fixed Asset and Nominal ledgers in the Books
• Assume full responsibility for all regular billing routines
• Calculate WIP and deferred Income by job on a monthly basis
• Oversee staff expense process and petty cash process
• Maintain a detailed and accurate fixed asset register
• Supervise credit control
• Negotiate appropriate credit terms with key suppliers and own the relationship
• Provide an office administration service which will include all property leases, insurances and fixed costs
• Perform analysis on ad hoc issues within the business
• Produce full annual year end Books for external accountants to be able to smoothly prepare the annual statutory accounts
• Prepare and submit all government returns, including VAT, PAYE and P11Ds
• To ensure (together with our external accountants) that all statutory and tax compliance is met
The successful applicant will be CIMA, ACCA, or ACA, or part qualified CIMA and have proven work experience as a Financial Controller in addition to:
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• the ability to multi-task
• the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• the ability to work well individually and as part of a team
• good organisation and planning skills
If you would like to apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV to;
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Job Introduction We currently have an opportunity for a Leisure Assistantto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and...
Operations Insurance Apprentice View all jobs Posted 4 days ago by AXA Featured Ipswich , Suffolk £15,500 per annum Temporary, full-time 1 application Apply on employer's website Background Our...
Estate Agent Negotiator View all jobs Posted 1 September by Ewemove Colchester , Essex £50,000 - £100,000 per annum, OTE Permanent, full-time or part-time 0 applications Apply now Stop your...
Lamonby Recruitment are delighted to represent a consultancy who are a specialist in Engineering and Environmental services. We are looking for an experienced Building Control Surveyor to join the...
Quality Assurance and Collaboration Coordinator Location: Ipswich, Suffolk Suffolk Highways is looking for someone to deliver business excellence across Suffolk Highways and to ensure compliance...
This is an opportunity to join a successful company outside Colchester as a bookkeeper/credit control clerk. If you are AAT Qualified with bookkeeping experience then this could be the ideal next...
Job Introduction We currently have an opportunity for a Leisure Assistantto join our team....
Operations Insurance Apprentice View all jobs Posted 4 days ago by AXA Featured Ipswich ,...
Estate Agent Negotiator View all jobs Posted 1 September by Ewemove Colchester , Essex £50,000 -...
Lamonby Recruitment are delighted to represent a consultancy who are a specialist in Engineering...
Quality Assurance and Collaboration Coordinator Location: Ipswich, Suffolk Suffolk Highways is...
This is an opportunity to join a successful company outside Colchester as a bookkeeper/credit...