My client, an IT systems provider based in Ipswich are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller with a high degree of motivation, drive and with a genuine desire to progress within their fast-moving industry.
Based in my client's Head Office, the Financial Controller's main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• To ensure that all financial transactions and activities are accounted for within Sage accounting software and CRM platform ("the Books").
• To produce meaningful monthly management accounts meeting agreed financial deadlines
• To produce meaningful financial forecasts including the annual budget
• To keep a tight control over cash and produce rolling cash flow forecasts
• Assume full responsibility for the Sales, Purchase, Fixed Asset and Nominal ledgers in the Books
• Assume full responsibility for all regular billing routines
• Calculate WIP and deferred Income by job on a monthly basis
• Oversee staff expense process and petty cash process
• Maintain a detailed and accurate fixed asset register
• Supervise credit control
• Negotiate appropriate credit terms with key suppliers and own the relationship
• Provide an office administration service which will include all property leases, insurances and fixed costs
• Perform analysis on ad hoc issues within the business
• Produce full annual year end Books for external accountants to be able to smoothly prepare the annual statutory accounts
• Prepare and submit all government returns, including VAT, PAYE and P11Ds
• To ensure (together with our external accountants) that all statutory and tax compliance is met
The successful applicant will be CIMA, ACCA, or ACA, or part qualified CIMA and have proven work experience as a Financial Controller in addition to:
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• the ability to multi-task
• the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• the ability to work well individually and as part of a team
• good organisation and planning skills
If you would like to apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV to;
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Ipswich , Suffolk Competitive salary Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now About the role We are currently recruiting for a Group Financial Controller to join an...
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a global Insurance organisation to work in their International Operations Team, in the role of Senior International Account Handler. Role: Senior...
« back to results This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence companies based in Samlesbury - Preston. Project Accountant Samlesbury £32 an hour 12 Months...
Colchester , England £10.00 - £12.00 per hour Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Reed Accountancy Colchester are delighted to be working exclusively with a large...
COLCHESTER HOSPITAL UNIVERSITY NHS FOUNDATION TRUST DIVISION OF MEDICINE AND EMERGENCY CARE CARDIO-RESPIRATORY DEPARTMENT JOB DETAILS Job Title: CARDIAC...
Location: Preston Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 Type: Permanent Start Date: 25 Jun 2018 Reference: PRE/205267 Our client is looking to attract an experienced and confident Management Accountant to...
Ipswich , Suffolk Competitive salary Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
A fantastic opportunity has come up with a global Insurance organisation to work in their...
« back to results This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence...
Colchester , England £10.00 - £12.00 per hour Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten...
COLCHESTER HOSPITAL UNIVERSITY NHS FOUNDATION TRUST DIVISION OF MEDICINE AND EMERGENCY...
Location: Preston Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 Type: Permanent Start Date: 25 Jun...