Job Purpose: To support the Senior Financial Accountant in ensuring that systems of financial discipline, integrity and control are maintained to the highest professional standards expected of a major financial service organisation. The role will ensure payments, journal postings, reconciliations, forecasting, balance sheet reconciliations and associated control processes are completed in accordance with the Financial Accounting timetable. The role will deliver training to others in your areas of expertise and provide support and guidance on an ongoing basis.
- Preparation and review of bulk payments to suppliers, staff and other third parties in line with applicable guidance ensuring robust approval processes are in place.
- Manage and reconcile bank accounts and balances and perform key control account reconciliations for designated balance sheet accounts for manager review. Ensuring that all outstanding items are investigated and cleared promptly and support the Senior Financial Accountant in challenging key balance sheet control accounts.
- Perform Loan Book Reconciliation for ensuring financial integrity is maintained in the Loan system in conjunction with the Financial Operations team.
- Forecast cash movements for Operational funding.
- Post journals relating to bank accounts, prepayments, accruals and other journals as required to ensure the integrity of data in Oracle financial systems.
- Assist in preparation of statutory and regulatory returns for manager review.
- Champion governance controls, challenging processes and practices to help achieve a high performing Finance function.
- Ensure operational procedures are up to date and continual review where change is identified. Establish a regular cross training programme to ensure that knowledge is maintained for periods of cover.
- Support accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, payroll, capital and technical accounting functions when required.
- Fully qualified CCAB accountant
- Experience evidenced in a similar role
- High level of IT literacy. Job holder is expected to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or equivalent, and have experience of a range of mainstream financial systems and reporting packages. Experience of Oracle systems an advantage
- Strong technical accounting skills, IFRS
- Well-developed written and verbal communication
- Excellent judgement, organisation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills allied with the ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Proven track record of delivering results while under pressure
- Strong ability to work without supervision
- Willingness to challenge, balanced by good interpersonal skills
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
1. Indirect Taxation • To support the VAT Manager in the preparation of all relevant VAT returns by the analysis of data, along with EC Sales List returns and Intrastat declarations for the...
The Receivables function is responsible for the processing and control of all income receipts / refunds for the University: • The function supports approximately 26,000 students and related...
£37,275 per annum, inc benefits Glasgow , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Job Title: Treasury Finance Analyst Business Unit: Group...
Primary Responsibilities: The main duties include preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting across PRA and EMEA regulated jurisdictions. Processes covered include Own Funds and Capital...
£20,000 - £250,000 per annum Hamilton , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Change Recruitment Group have an exciting opportunity for an experienced...
1. Ensure the delivery of high quality output with a strong focus on controls, assurance and key performance indicators (KPI’s), as appropriate. This includes, but is not limited to: •...
1. Indirect Taxation • To support the VAT Manager in the preparation of all relevant VAT returns...
The Receivables function is responsible for the processing and control of all income receipts /...
£37,275 per annum, inc benefits Glasgow , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first...
Primary Responsibilities: The main duties include preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly...
£20,000 - £250,000 per annum Hamilton , Lanarkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
1. Ensure the delivery of high quality output with a strong focus on controls, assurance and key...