£65,000 - £70,000 per annum
Wembley , Middlesex
Be one of the first ten applicants
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for this "niche" company in the Property technical sector with exciting growth prospects. The Finance Manager role is a "hands on" finance role with responsibility for the finance function reporting to the senior management team. The role would suit a qualified accountant with previous industry experience looking for the opportunity to work in a dynamic company with exciting growth prospects.
The Finance Manager role is a key position in the senior management team. Providing insight and analysis on business finances, ensuring financial compliance, and delivering efficient and effective day to day finance operations.
Working with a small Finance team, the Finance Manager will continually strive to improve and strengthen internal processes and systems to ensure departmental efficiencies and the availability of meaningful business financial data for analysis and interpretation.
As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly management accounts (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow) and analysis against budget
- Production of monthly, quarterly and year end reports & management accounts
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Production of monthly balance sheet together with required analysis and detailed reconciliations of all accounts
- Liaison with reporting accountants/tax advisors
- Cost control & variance analysis
- Management of revenue recognition
- Sales and purchase ledger input
- Debtor/creditor control
- U.K. and EU VAT returns
- Setting up/authorisation of multi-currency payments & cash flow management
- Inventory accounting through the support the development of the company ERP system to support efficient and effective finance process management, reporting and analysis
- Payroll & pension management
- Produce monthly revenue reporting
- Review company internal controls, processes and systems aligned to key finance and business deliverables
- Preparation of Annual Standards as an output from the business process
- Assist in the development and maintenance of accurate standard costs including labour
- Analyse, and update standards where necessary, changes to product costs and manufacturing methods/service costs to determine effects on margin
- Finance support on price model verification and associated cost models
- Deep Account Management of monthly Customer PL including margin by customer to Sales, Development and Operations teams including analysis of actuals vs model assumptions comparisons
- Owns Site Customer Rebates (review, reconciliation and analysis)
What they are looking for in a Finance Manager
- Must be a qualified account CIMA, ACA or ACCA
- Management accounting experience; creating & reporting of financial statements
- Be a hands-on accountant with demonstrable experience of working in a broad role within an SME
- Experience with recognised accounting software solution
- Excel skills essential to interrogate and analyse data to create and produce reports/graphs and financial models
- Commercially minded, able to demonstrate creativity in terms of cost efficiency
- Diligent and analytical with strong attention to detail
- Problem solver and a sound decision maker
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively convey financial information and analysis to non-finance colleagues
- Ability to build rapport quickly with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Experience of working in a professional services SME and specifically a consultancy business would be advantageous
- Finance Manager
- Management Accounts
- Process Management
- Commercially minded
Are you CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified?
Do you have a minimum of 5 years commercial accounting experience?
Please answer all of the application questions.
Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs .Report this job
Get Job Alerts
Apply now Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
About this company
Finance Manager £45,000 - £55,000 per annum West London, London Finance Manager £65,000 - £75,000 per annum West London, London Finance Manager £300.00 - £400.00 per day Harrow, Middlesex Finance Manager £55,000 - £60,000 per annum, negotiable, OTE West London, London Finance Manager £192.00 - £264.00 per day Harrow, Middlesex
Diploma in Financial Reporting and Taxation + Diploma in Cost Analysis Online, self-paced £94.00 Certificate in Finance and Financial Analysis Online, self-paced £25.00 Diploma in Financial Reporting and Analysis - Level 5 Online, self-paced £16.00 View Finance courses
Who we are FirstGroup plc is a FTSE 250 company and leading transport operator in the UK and North America. During the last year around 2 billion passengers relied on us to get to work, to school...
Who we are: FirstGroup plc is a FTSE 250 company and leading transport operator in the UK and North America. During the last year around 2 billion passengers relied on us to get to work, to school...
THG is one of the world's leading online beauty and wellbeing retailers, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, ESPA, GlossyBox, and Myprotein; all of which are powered by our...
A career within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve...
Back to Search results Location London Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Hours per Week 40 Remuneration £38,000 + Benefits Job Reference GR/9870 This is a fantastic opportunity to manage...
Main Purpose Assisting in the production of the periodic financial accounts (including Statutory Accounts, VAT return, reconciliations and consolidated accounts). Principal...
Who we are FirstGroup plc is a FTSE 250 company and leading transport operator in the UK and...
Who we are: FirstGroup plc is a FTSE 250 company and leading transport operator in the UK and...
THG is one of the world's leading online beauty and wellbeing retailers, home to premium brands...
A career within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside...
Back to Search results Location London Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Hours per...
Main Purpose Assisting in the production of the periodic financial accounts (including Statutory...