Permanent | 5 months | Deadline: 17 Oct 2017; 17 Oct 2017
This position has expired. Do not apply!
£7.50 per hour + benefits
£23,530 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, outgoing person to support individuals on our community support to live a fulfilled and happy life. You will be part of a positive and supportive team who are motivated by the people we support. You will work in the Doncaster area.
We are working to make our recruitment as person centered as we can. The person specification document attached for this role has been developed with the help of the people who will be supported by the successful applicant. The selection process will use this criteria to match not only skills and experience but also hobbies and interests of applicants with the people being supported. It is likely that the final decision on the success of your application will be decided by the people you will be supporting, and their families.
Could this be you?
What people like and admire about you
• Your outgoing personality and energy
• Your patience, respect for privacy and calm approach
• You’re always friendly and positive when supporting others
• You don’t panic and you stay calm in difficult situations.
• You have a great sense of humour, and can handle a bit of banter
• You are Sociable and like to chat – you pay interest in what others have to say.
• Your creative/artistic side.
• You’re happy to support people at times that are best for them.
• You value your colleagues and communicate well with them.
• Your desire to include everyone.
• You can do more than one thing at once.
• You know your way around Doncaster and the surrounding areas.
• Your domestic skills and ability to help teach new skills.
• You’re cooking/baking skills.
• You are flexible
• You are able to work evenings and weekends
• You are a car driver
What’s important to you
• Helping people to live the life they want to lead.
• Building relationships based on trust, and a genuine interest in other people.
• Supporting people to make the most of a life outside the service. e.g. with family and friends.
• Supporting people to enjoy their free time for example: shopping, local events and walks in the park , football, karaoke
• Supporting people to plan and enjoy holidays, days out and new experiences.
• Helping others to look and feel good.
• Acknowledging the contribution of others.
• Helping people to develop their skills
How we will support you
· A good induction to help get you started.
· Good career development with specialist training.
· Shape Your Future development programme.
· Opportunity to be recognised as part of our @You Rock@ scheme
· Part of a great team helping to do some great things for people with a Learning Disability.
· Be part of the Royal Mencap Society.
If you can work in a people orientated role, are a caring person who enjoys enabling people to achieve their life goals and aspirations we would love to hear from you. Experience within the care sector is an advantage but not a necessity as full training will be provided. You will be required to work on a rota basis which will include mornings, evenings, weekends, and also sleep in duties. Waking night shifts may be required, as well as on-call duties.
Attached is a full job description along with one page profiles the service users you will be supporting, have put together.
A Mencap support worker said “I love my job. Being part of people developing and learning new skills gives me a real feeling of achievement.”
Vacancy ID: 10415
Sheffield , South Yorkshire £20,000 - £45,000 per annum Permanent, full-time or part-time 0 applications Apply now Shape your future with us in a newly created inside sales team. Role: Client...
Worksop , Nottinghamshire £7.00 per hour Permanent, full-time or part-time 0 applications Apply on employer's website Do you want to make a positive difference to people's lives? We are looking to...
£14,859per annum / £7.62 per hour - plus excellent benefits Part-Time & Relief Support Workers Required Join our team! Be a Support Worker with United Response within our Brimington...
Casual hours as required and agreed. Full days are 9.10am – 3.55pm or part days dependent upon cover requirements, term time only. Due to the expansion of our successful school (pupils aged 2-19)...
Are you looking for work within schools? Do you have a degree or classroom experience? Are you looking for school teaching experience? Are you planning a career in teaching? If you have answered...
£18,000 basic salary, £35,000 OTE with company benefits and Company Car Company Car Vertu Reward Scheme Share Incentive Scheme Child Care Vouchers Preferential Service Rates Colleague Purchase...
Sheffield , South Yorkshire £20,000 - £45,000 per annum Permanent, full-time or part-time 0...
Worksop , Nottinghamshire £7.00 per hour Permanent, full-time or part-time 0 applications Apply...
£14,859per annum / £7.62 per hour - plus excellent benefits Part-Time & Relief Support...
Casual hours as required and agreed. Full days are 9.10am – 3.55pm or part days dependent upon...
Are you looking for work within schools? Do you have a degree or classroom experience? Are you...
£18,000 basic salary, £35,000 OTE with company benefits and Company Car Company Car Vertu Reward...