Our Plymouth based client is urgently seeking to recruit a Document Controller on a temp basis (initially six months). Embedded within our client’s Quality Department, the successful candidate should be able to commence as soon as possible.
The Quality team is responsible for managing system documentation and ensuring processes are in place, fit for purpose and relevant. The team liaises with all appropriate stakeholders, ensuring compliance with all processes and procedures, thus focussing on improvement process efficiency and a reducing non-value added activities.
This new role will be focussed on the development, management and updating of the local business document management system. The role will lead the ongoing administration of the interim document management system software, managing version control as well as ensuring that business critical actions are correctly tracked and monitored for completion with reporting to the wider business. Predominantly working on an individual basis with regular contact and support from the Quality team based in East Yorkshire, with the occasional requirement to visit the East Yorkshire facility.
Reporting to the Head of Quality (based in East Yorkshire), the key responsibilities and duties will include:-
- Responsible for developing and improving business processes and procedures as agreed with the Head of Quality
- Developing a document management system, as part of a transition to a Group System
- Liaising with team members, staff and contract partners at all levels of the business
- Providing governance and administration (where appropriate) to the databases and procedures managed by the Quality department
Candidates should demonstrate and possess:
- Experience supporting a document control function
- Experience in developing and implementing document management systems
- The ability to influence and build relationships across multiple sites and locations
- The ability to prioritise and plan work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint Foundation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access Databases
Candidates should hold the following qualifications:
- Qualified to a good standard of education at GCSE level, or equivalent at grade C or above, including Maths and English
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career...
Apply now Job no:514795 Work type:Permanent - Full Time Location:Plymouth Categories:Engineering, Project Management, Trades and Technical, Mechanical MECHANICAL PROJECTS ENGINEER SSE ENTERPRISE...
Business Overview Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (CISR) is an Engineering Services business within DST. CISR’s primary roles are systems integration and support of...
Overall Department Direction DRDL has a responsibility to ensure that all personnel who have a role or responsibility for any operations that may affect nuclear safety are competent to perform...
ILS Manager - Plymouth A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting for an ILS Manager to take on a permanent position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its...
Title Salary/Rate £40,000 - £45,000/annum Location Plymouth Posted 10/11/2017 (17:30) Just Added Agency Butler Rose Apply Now Description A manufacturing business in the Plymouth area is currently...
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000...
Apply now Job no:514795 Work type:Permanent - Full...
Business Overview Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (CISR) is an...
Overall Department Direction DRDL has a responsibility to ensure that all personnel who have a...
ILS Manager - Plymouth A market leading FTSE 100 Defence organisation is currently recruiting...
Title Salary/Rate £40,000 - £45,000/annum Location Plymouth Posted 10/11/2017 (17:30) Just...