Our Plymouth based client is urgently seeking to recruit a Document Controller on a temp basis (initially six months). Embedded within our client’s Quality Department, the successful candidate should be able to commence as soon as possible.
The Quality team is responsible for managing system documentation and ensuring processes are in place, fit for purpose and relevant. The team liaises with all appropriate stakeholders, ensuring compliance with all processes and procedures, thus focussing on improvement process efficiency and a reducing non-value added activities.
This new role will be focussed on the development, management and updating of the local business document management system. The role will lead the ongoing administration of the interim document management system software, managing version control as well as ensuring that business critical actions are correctly tracked and monitored for completion with reporting to the wider business. Predominantly working on an individual basis with regular contact and support from the Quality team based in East Yorkshire, with the occasional requirement to visit the East Yorkshire facility.
Reporting to the Head of Quality (based in East Yorkshire), the key responsibilities and duties will include:-
- Responsible for developing and improving business processes and procedures as agreed with the Head of Quality
- Developing a document management system, as part of a transition to a Group System
- Liaising with team members, staff and contract partners at all levels of the business
- Providing governance and administration (where appropriate) to the databases and procedures managed by the Quality department
Candidates should demonstrate and possess:
- Experience supporting a document control function
- Experience in developing and implementing document management systems
- The ability to influence and build relationships across multiple sites and locations
- The ability to prioritise and plan work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint Foundation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access Databases
Candidates should hold the following qualifications:
- Qualified to a good standard of education at GCSE level, or equivalent at grade C or above, including Maths and English
Are you an experiencedQuality Control or Waste Management professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you! Due to...
Overall Business Direction The Marine Division employees over 9,000 highly skilled people and are the UK's leading naval support business. It draws on an unmatched range of engineering and...
Business Overview Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (CISR) is an Engineering Services business within DST. CISR’s primary roles are systems integration and support of...
We are now recruiting Shift Supervisor at Plymouth Workshop Job Reference Number 86529 About us Five centuries in business has made Royal Mail more than a household name. We connect companies,...
Overall Department Direction A number of positions have arisen for mechanical Senior Nuclear Engineers (SNEs), reporting to the 9 Dock PAG Chairman. 9 Dock Nuclear Engineering Branch are...
Technical Riding Inspector, Plymouth-38953 Description Technical Riding Inspector, Plymouth Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology...
Are you an experiencedQuality Control or Waste Management professional looking to take on a new...
Overall Business Direction The Marine Division employees over 9,000 highly skilled people and...
Business Overview Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (CISR) is an...
We are now recruiting Shift Supervisor at Plymouth Workshop Job Reference Number 86529 About...
Overall Department Direction A number of positions have arisen for mechanical Senior Nuclear...
Technical Riding Inspector, Plymouth-38953 Description Technical Riding Inspector, Plymouth Are...