Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The company’s patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers’ knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
Tamr field engineers are highly technical data scientists and engineers who understand all aspects of the business. We know how to pitch the product to anyone from software architects to business executives. Often we’re working on the most challenging problems in the enterprise and we have to dig deep to understand the business value and deliver technical solutions. As the company’s outward-facing, technical resource, the work of the whole group is varied. We build prototypes, direct product development, work with sales on accounts, implement pilot solutions, and deploy full production rollouts. Field engineers are expected to be highly efficient and resourceful when leading these projects.
We are looking for someone who loves to write code, and has a genuine interest in being customer-facing. We are building and selling a human-in-the-loop machine learning platform for the enterprise to help companies automatically unify and categorize their data to drive new analytic insight. We are looking for engineers interested in creating front line code to solve real customer problems, ranging from back-end data processing and machine learning, to front end presentation and dashboarding.
Challenges that make this job interesting:
- The problem we’re solving is hard - enterprise data is messy and there is a lot of it. It’s our job to derive value from this data in a flexible and scalable way
- Every customer is different - while there are similar use cases that we see repeatedly, every account presents new challenges and we need to be able to adapt quickly to each new situation
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You have strong data science and/or software engineering experience
- You are excited about working for a startup and being a key contributor
- You enjoy working with customers and have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have machine learning knowledge/experience
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or similarly quantitative/technical field
- Polyglot programmer, with experience using technologies such as Python, Java, R, SQL
- Willingness and ability to travel to client locations
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Front end / full stack software development expertise
- Deep understanding of data integration and transformation patterns such as messaging, ETL
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Hands-on experience with traditional data warehouse technologies and BI or visualization tools
- Machine learning knowledge/experience
- Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systems
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Hadoop, Spark, ElasticSearch, Java, AWS
- DevOps and/or cloud solutions deployment experience a plus
- Advanced quantitative technical degree (MS or PhD) preferred
This position is available in London, United Kingdom.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job description SENIOR DEVELOPER (Python / Golang) Our client, a global name in fintech providing a range of ethical investment and data services around the world. They combine data and AI to...
Job description SENIOR ANGULAR DEVELOPER Our client, a global name in fintech providing a range of ethical investment and data services around the world. They combine data and AI to deliver...
At Jet2.com and Jet2holidays we are all Customer Helpers responsible for creating memories and ensuring our customers Have a Lovely Holiday. Based at Birmingham Airport and reporting to the Front...
Job description Senior Data Engineer - FinTech London | £60-80k basic We are working with a global FinTech organisation who provide sustainable investment and data service. They are currently...
Data Scientist Salary: Dependent on experience Remote Working available Location: London If you are working in the programmatic space and have the enthusiasm to use data to make things better,...
Our client is looking for Vertical borer to strengthen our vertical boring department The successful applicant must be from a medium to heavy engineering background with experience of machining a...
Job description SENIOR DEVELOPER (Python / Golang) Our client, a global name in fintech...
Job description SENIOR ANGULAR DEVELOPER Our client, a global name in fintech providing a range...
At Jet2.com and Jet2holidays we are all Customer Helpers responsible for creating memories and...
Job description Senior Data Engineer - FinTech London | £60-80k basic We are working with a...
Data Scientist Salary: Dependent on experience Remote Working available Location: London If you...
Our client is looking for Vertical borer to strengthen our vertical boring department The...