As a South Western Railway Customer Ambassador, you will create a welcoming, positive and friendly atmosphere for our customers from the moment they enter the station. Delivering excellent customer service always. Through your proactive and positive approach, you will really make the difference to their overall experience of our service. You will need passion, resourcefulness and the ability to meet challenges head on. You will have the confidence to engage with customers who may require assistance across a wide and varied range of issues from purchasing tickets to advising them on their journeys with real time information and travel alternatives
You will ensure that all of our customers feel valued and that you will make their day.
To help you deliver great customer service we will give you the tools for the job. These will range from the smart technology you will need to offer the best possible up to the minute information about our services to the outstanding training programme that will give you the knowledge to provide customers with the correct ticket for their journey and a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship which will complement the skills you already have giving you a real vocational qualification.
• Champion the customers cause and take full ownership through to resolution or satisfactory conclusion of any issues they may have, ensuring that their needs are met in an efficient, friendly and professional manner .
• Serve as a key point of contact for customers and efficiently respond to customer enquiries
• Stay current with any train service or local issues as well as knowledge of local amenities and special events
• Proactively assist customers with the self-service machines ensuring they purchase the appropriate ticket for their journey while coaching and educating them on how to use the machine.
• During times of disruption be there for our customers to relay real-time information in a way that is clear, consistent and easy to understand.
• Use social media via your tablet device to keep your customers informed always adhering to the company's guidelines, social media policies and processes
• Ensure the self-service machines are replenished and any fingertip maintenance is carried out as necessary, as per current Cash and Security Regulations.
• Maintain the cleanliness of your environment and equipment at all times.
• Report faults as appropriate and follow through to ensure they are rectified or escalated as appropriate.
• Be competent in using all our retail systems to sell our customers the correct ticket.
• Take responsibility for your personal safety and that of others always.
• As and when required carry out automatic ticket gate duties ensuring the positive customer experience is maintained throughout the station.
• Gain robust knowledge of all relevant retail policies and procedures including ticketing restrictions
• Undertake any other important station duties such as passenger assistance or bus liaison, as per local Instructions as and when required.
• Wear your uniform with pride (including name badge) maintaining the highest standards of presentation. If required wear safety clothing as supplied ensuring that your appearance complies with the company standard at all times.
• Comply with the rules as defined in South Western Railway Employee Handbook, Cash and Security Regulations, Group Standards and Legislation, undertaking periodic re-examination of competency if required.
• Ensure the validity of all rules notices and retail circulars and publications that may affect your working environment and product knowledge.
• Maintain ticket stocks, stationery and stores to meet needs, placing orders as required.
• Take the lead in all areas of retailing for the station, leading by example and providing information and support to team members working within the ticket office.
The post-holder will sometimes have to work under pressure, especially during times of disruption, and must maintain a high level of visibility and customer service. The ability to provide a confident, positive, pro-active, polite and friendly service in these situations is essential.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High level of customer focus, with a positive can-do attitude
- Being multi-lingual would be advantageous
- Resilience and the ability to cope in a pressured environment is essential
- Confident in using modern technology
Working an average of 37 Hours per week across 5 days.
Monday - Friday 06:45-14:09
Sunday 07:00-15:00 & 12:56 - 20:20
South Western Railway operates around 1,600 trains a day on a network encompassing routes through Hampshire, Surrey, Dorset, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Devon, Somerset, and Greater London. Over 4,500 employees help our customers make over 500,000 journeys a day to more than 200 stations on our network. A modern railway requires a modern approach in the way we serve our customers and we are constantly looking for the brightest talent to help make the difference to our customers.
£38,000 per annum Barnet , Hertfordshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Clinical Services Manager Manor Court Care Home, Southall, UB1 2SH This...
£398.96 - £456.94 per day Surrey , South East England Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Job Title - Project Engineer (Civils) Location -...
Back to Search results Location Barnet Civil and Family Courts Centre Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Monday - Friday Working Times Between 07:00am and 6:00pm Shift...
Back to Search results Location Uxbridge Magistrates' Court Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Monday - Friday Working Times Between 07:00am and 6:00pm Shift Pattern Days Working...
Back to Search results Location Glogan House Contract Type Casual Worker Working Days Monday - Sunday Working Times Between 7:45pm and 08:00am Shift Pattern Nights Working Hours per Week Dependent...
£33,000 - £36,000 per annum, inc benefits Leatherhead , Surrey Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Service Desk Manager Responsible for leading the support function,...
£38,000 per annum Barnet , Hertfordshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£398.96 - £456.94 per day Surrey , South East England Contract, full-time Be one of the first...
Back to Search results Location Barnet Civil and Family Courts Centre Contract Type Permanent -...
Back to Search results Location Uxbridge Magistrates' Court Contract Type Permanent -...
Back to Search results Location Glogan House Contract Type Casual Worker Working Days Monday -...
£33,000 - £36,000 per annum, inc benefits Leatherhead , Surrey Permanent, full-time Be one of...