Job DescriptionWhat are we doing?
Boots has a strong and trusted heritage in supporting the healthcare of the nation and in this time of need we have stepped forward to work with the Department of Health and Social Care, alongside other organisations, to resource Testing Centres across the country to support COVID-19 testing. Our aim is to increase testing capacity throughout the UK and respond to need, testing essential workers and members of the public who have symptoms of Coronavirus.Why we are supporting?
The global impact of COVID-19 has been profound, and the public health threat it represents is the most serious we have seen in a respiratory virus since the 1918 H1N1 influenza pandemic (Spanish Flu). We need your help to continue the great work that’s been done during these unprecedented times and use every resource at our disposal to help bring this virus under control.What will this mean to me?
You will be able to use your leadership skills to make a real difference, playing a crucial role in maximising our capacity as a country to fight this outbreak both on a national and local level.The Role
We are recruiting for Tester Supervisors to lead a team on site to deliver exceptional patient and clinical care. As a Tester Supervisor you will oversee the day to day operations of a COVID-19 Testing unit, reporting to the Hub manager you will be working alongside Boots colleagues and other partners to administer tests for essential workers and members of the public. Full training will be provided, and full Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied in line with NHS standards.
Hours of work to cover a working pattern over 7 days a week with paid rest breaks - Either 9hrs (per shift) (08.30-17.30) for 9am-5pm site, or, 8hrs (per shift) across all 8am-8pm sites
- Leads and inspires a testing team to deliver legendary care to all patients, through effective coaching and development of team members.
- Uses intuition to respond quickly to individual colleague and patient needs.
- Works with the team of trainers to ensure compliance by promoting the highest standards (where applicable)
- Protects the welfare of colleagues on site at all times
- Sets up and leads the team to be clinically and operationally compliant, whilst keeping safety at the top of mind
- Drives morale on site by creating an enjoyable working environment.
- Builds and maintains great relationships across internal and external partnerships to contribute to the maintenance, efficiency and collaborative working on site
- Shares best practise ideas and successes across your site and other sites in your Hub, acting as external ambassador for the company
- Works with the scheduling team to ensure that schedules are always up to date and accurate
- Develops talent in own team, contributing to the succession plan and pipeline for the Hub
- A leader that’s passionate about great care
- Patient-led leader with the ability to motivate and mentor others
- Develops and maintains great relationships
- Demonstrates inspiring communication and engagement
Applicants must be in general good health and not classified as in any of the COVID current high-risk groups therefore:
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not be pregnant
- Must not have a weakened immune system through medical conditions or therapy
In addition, applicants must consider the following:
- Willingness to work outside (weather protection will be provided)
- Risk status of family members in the same household
Your application will be processed, and you’ll be contacted shortly informing you of the next steps. Interviews will be held via telephone to avoid unnecessary contact and travel to site.Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
Need To Know
This is a fixed term contract, initially until 23rd July 2021. There is a possibility this may be extend.
Pharmacy Support Colleagues
Part time flexible - including weekends
Office use only
Job Reference: SOSTOCK Location: Southampton 37.5 SouthamptonUK TEMPORARY The Best Connection 2021-07-26 2021-08-23T00:00:00+01:00 Salary: £9.44 per hour Contract Type: Temporary, Part...
Supervisor As a Supervisor, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success. You’ll be working...
Located in the centre of Southampton, Mayflower Court is a contemporary residential care home providing five-star accommodation and support. We provide residential care on a permanent basis, a...
COMPOSITE OPERATORS (Temporary Requirement: 6 months - 1 year) Applicants are invited to apply for a number of temporary vacancies within our Composite facility; this includes the lay-up of...
Looking for VAN DRIVING DELIVERY DRIVING 9work in WEST END, SOUTHAMPTON? At The Best Connection, we can offer you the opportunity to work as a VAN DELIVERY DRIVER in WEST END, SOUTHAMPTON. We are...
Back to Search results Location Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Southampton SO50 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Saturday -Tuesday Working Times Between 06:00 am and 06:00 am Shift...
Job Reference: SOSTOCK Location: Southampton 37.5 SouthamptonUK TEMPORARY The Best...
Supervisor As a Supervisor, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for...
Located in the centre of Southampton, Mayflower Court is a contemporary residential care home...
COMPOSITE OPERATORS (Temporary Requirement: 6 months - 1 year) Applicants are invited to apply...
Looking for VAN DRIVING DELIVERY DRIVING 9work in WEST END, SOUTHAMPTON? At The Best Connection,...
Back to Search results Location Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Southampton SO50 Contract Type Permanent...