Location - Hammersmith, London - W68BS
Salary - £38k - £42k + Great Benefits
Now is a great time to join Virgin Media. We are looking for Copywriter to work as part of our Brand team to write copy for use throughout our business. You will make sure Virgin Media's story, proposition, core services and key touchpoints are brough to life powerfully and consistently - inside and out.
Supporting the copy-focused creative director and working with a team of creatives, you will be expected to produce customer-minded brand communications that are easily understood, down to earth, and full of warmth.
As a guardian and ambassador for our powerful brand, you will also help to maintain and champion our values and purpose, and help to shape our brand experience, from concept to execution.
Governance of brand copy expression – supporting the creative director in protecting the verbal expression of the Virgin Media brand – including language and tone of voice, internally and externally.
Executing briefs for internal and external campaigns, along with events/brand activation. This includes developing concepts and copy for customer, retail and sales communications, in a range of formats.
Supporting the creative director on the naming, positioning and brand language associated with new products, services and internal initiatives.
Driving the use of our tone of voice, internally and externally – helping to create an understanding of tone of voice throughout the business, including reviewing copy developed by writers across multiple teams, divisions and agencies – including digital, social, editorial, HR, learning & development, and our partner agencies and freelance/contractors.
Being an advocate of brand values to create a superior brand experience – a key member of a team that’s living and breathing the Virgin Media brand day in, day out.
Helping the Brand team to find better processes for workflow, ideas generation and execution – and through best-in-class copy and design work, helping to raise the Brand team’s profile.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Solid copywriting experience, ideally working on brand campaigns and communications
- Excellent understanding of the brand environment – with a focus on product/service market positioning and customer comms
- Clear understanding of the power of writing to influence, persuade, apologise and more
- Able to cut through the jargon and make things simple
- Able to write with wit, flair and charm
- Excellent communication and networking skills to interact with peers and project stakeholders
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills, with a meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work well in a team and with a range of creative partners
- Confident presenting concepts and rationale persuasively
- Confident building a rapport with key stakeholders and nurturing good working relationships
- Organised and self-disciplined, with an ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines
- A qualification in a relevant subject
- Able to manage multiple projects and switch from one to another as priorities shift
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders with sometimes conflicting opinions
- You love language and fizz away with bright ideas
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit: you like to challenge the status quo, seeking new ways to do things better
- You’re passionate, bringing tons of energy to all you do
- You’re honest – so you’re committed to our people as well as our business
- You give a damn about the quality of your work, however big or small the task
- You’re approachable, able to have conversations that matter, when they matter
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience writing copy for a Virgin brand or consumer brand of equivalent scale and stature
- Experience in customer experience, digital experience and service design
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here .
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here .
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!
£160.00 per day Camden , London Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Job Purpose This is a hands-on, fast-paced commercial copywriting role working alongside a bunch of...
Salary negotiable London , South East England Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now * Conceptual Freelance Copywriter * Fantastic opportunity to work for a global...
Salary negotiable London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Job Title: Cable Puller Location: Central London Salary:...
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Head of Sales London, UK Pareto Law have partnered with a Virgin Group...
Competitive salary London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Content Marketing Executive Description Division: Pearson Online...
Competitive salary Maida Vale , London Permanent, full-time Apply now Leading retail and online company, with exciting growth plans, have a vacancy for a Social Media Executive & Marketing...
£160.00 per day Camden , London Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply...
Salary negotiable London , South East England Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Salary negotiable London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first...
Competitive salary London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Competitive salary Maida Vale , London Permanent, full-time Apply now Leading retail and online...