An opportunity for an experienced Contract Manager/Lawyer to join an International Corporate Organisation based in Luton. Working in an established legal team, this varied role is predominately based around the handling of commercial contracts and advising on employment/HR matters.
This is a pivotal role to the team, involving liaison with both internal and external stakeholders using a clear and consistent communication style that provides legal interpretation and practical advice on commercial contracts to the business.
This role would suite both a fully qualified contract lawyer or a an experienced commercial contract manager.
Based mostly out of Luton, accessible from both the M1 and Luton Parkway train station with occasional days also out of London.
As a Contracts Manager/Lawyer you would be responsible for:
- Handling your own caseload of legal matters.
- Reviewing commercial contracts and provide feedback on legal terms and conditions.
- Drafting contracts that the business may require including procurement and employment, etc.
- Defending and instigating claims involving clients, suppliers and workers - instructing and managing external counsel where appropriate
- Providing advice on employment matters such as disciplinary, TUPE, drafting of ET3 forms etc., and responding to any early conciliation claims from ACAS.
- Instructing and liaising with external counsel where necessary, agreeing budgets and managing the matter on behalf of the business.
- Providing training or legal updates to colleagues and clients.
About you' For this role, we are seeking:
- A Qualified solicitor (4+ years post qualification experience).
- Or we would also consider an experienced Commercial Contracts Manager
- A strong customer facing professional with commercial know-how and approach
- A completer / finisher with an eye for detail
- A self-motivated, team player
- Someone with proven mentoring experience
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment laced with a wide variety of issues and unexpected interruptions
- Good IT literacy
Working for this organisation you can expect:
- 23 days not including Bank Holidays, this rises to 25 days after 2 years
- Private medical coverage
- Workplace pension
- Flexible working may be available after qualification period
- Continuous training available
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 counselling service
- Flexible benefits
- Reward programme which offers discounts from popular stores, brands and servicesDiscount on gym membership
- Free financial health check using Wealth Wizard
- Give As You Earn (payroll giving) programme
Tate would welcome applications from suitably experienced candidates. Salary will be up to £50,000 depending upon experience. Please use the APPLY button, attach your CV. Tate will respond to applications in five working days by phone or email.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Corporate/Commercial In-house Legal Counsel Homeworking £50k - £70k plus benefits Excellent opportunity for a Corporate/Commercial lawyer to work for a rapidly expanding International company as...
£28,000 per annum Luton , Bedfordshire Permanent, full-time Apply on employer's website Restaurant Manager - Whitbread Restaurants - Dunstable and Luton. Bedfordshire We are looking for...
OffOnSend jobs like this to my email Job description: I am recruiting for a strong Team manager to work in the Safeguarding (Childrens) Team with Luton Borough Council, based at Town Hall on a...
£10.00 - £11.00 per hour Luton , Bedfordshire Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Medical Secretary for Established Legal firm in Luton. Temporary Position for 6...
Management Accountant Luton £Competitive+ Study Support Our client, a leading business in their sector with operations UK wide and internationally, have a need for a Management Accountant to join...
£23,720 - £35,008 per annum Luton , Bedfordshire Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Tradewind are working alongside an aspirational, high-achieving "Good" rated...
Corporate/Commercial In-house Legal Counsel Homeworking £50k - £70k plus benefits Excellent...
£28,000 per annum Luton , Bedfordshire Permanent, full-time Apply on employer's...
OffOnSend jobs like this to my email Job description: I am recruiting for a strong Team manager...
£10.00 - £11.00 per hour Luton , Bedfordshire Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Management Accountant Luton £Competitive+ Study Support Our client, a leading business in their...
£23,720 - £35,008 per annum Luton , Bedfordshire Temporary, full-time Be one of the first ten...