Construction Office Trainee
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £18,000 to £21,000
- Permanent / Full-Time
- Advertised 22 hours ago
- Closing in 41 days
This principal construction contractor are looking for a hard-working and intelligent trainee to work as part of their small office team supporting and delivering commercial construction projects. The successful candidate will work across all office business functions whilst being trained on the job; and will also have the opportunity to grow their role and develop their career in conjunction with the company.
No experience of construction is required for this role, however they are looking for a candidate with the underlying skills and abilities to be trained and develop a career in construction.
The role will involve among other things;
- Ordering materials and plant.
- Data inputting of project records.
- Pricing small works.
- Measuring works from drawings.
- Maintaining stock records.
- Compilation of sub-contractor enquiries and tenders.
- Undertaking document control.
- Assisting in the production of tender documentation.
- Assistance in marketing functions.
- Completion of PQQs.
- General construction office support.
The successful candidate is likely to have;
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Spatial awareness and ability to read/interpret drawings.
- A friendly, client facing personality.
- Professional writing style and good grammar.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Ability to produce professional looking documentation.
- An eye for detail.
- Familiarity with measurement, units and scales.
- Mathematical ability in adding/subtracting, averages, percentages.
The package they are offering is;
- Basic Salary of £18,000-21,000 gross per annum, dependant on experience
- Company Pension
- Training and professional development support
- Opportunity to grow their role in conjunction with the company
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.
All our jobs are guaranteed to be genuine and all applications will be considered.Save job
This feature is useful for specific questions about the job. We screen all questions and automatically reject those that: ask for the employer's contact details; ask the progress of a job application; or attempt to solicit business.Ask question
View on large map
Share this job
« Back to results Account Manager X 4 £20,000 per annum (£40,000 - £45,000 OTE) MANCHESTER CITY CENTRE (2 minute walk from the train station) Exciting account manager opportunity based in the...
The Ideal Candidate We want people who are creative, keen to learn and are up for a challenge. In Business & Support we work in teams where everyone has a role to play. We’re looking for people...
Vacancies Cashier Brief Description To assist in the creation of a welcoming, friendly and courteous environment, whilst maintaining the operational efficiency of the cash desk and complying with...
Vacancies Head Receptionist Brief Description To personally deliver and to ensure that all reception team members including the Host if appropriate maintain an efficient, professional and...
£7.50 - £8.78 per hour + Days & Night Shifts Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, North West Contract Kinetic Recruitment are currently looking for Trainee Medical Technicians to work for a niche...
£7.50 - £8.78 per hour + Various Hours Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, North West Contract Kinetic Recruitment are currently looking for Medical Packing Operatives to work for a niche provider...
« Back to results Account Manager X 4 £20,000 per annum (£40,000 - £45,000 OTE) MANCHESTER CITY...
The Ideal Candidate We want people who are creative, keen to learn and are up for a challenge....
Vacancies Cashier Brief Description To assist in the creation of a welcoming, friendly and...
Vacancies Head Receptionist Brief Description To personally deliver and to ensure that all...
£7.50 - £8.78 per hour + Days & Night Shifts Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, North...
£7.50 - £8.78 per hour + Various Hours Wythenshawe, Manchester, England, North...