Construction Office Trainee
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £18,000 to £21,000
- Permanent / Full-Time
- Advertised 22 hours ago
- Closing in 41 days
This principal construction contractor are looking for a hard-working and intelligent trainee to work as part of their small office team supporting and delivering commercial construction projects. The successful candidate will work across all office business functions whilst being trained on the job; and will also have the opportunity to grow their role and develop their career in conjunction with the company.
No experience of construction is required for this role, however they are looking for a candidate with the underlying skills and abilities to be trained and develop a career in construction.
The role will involve among other things;
- Ordering materials and plant.
- Data inputting of project records.
- Pricing small works.
- Measuring works from drawings.
- Maintaining stock records.
- Compilation of sub-contractor enquiries and tenders.
- Undertaking document control.
- Assisting in the production of tender documentation.
- Assistance in marketing functions.
- Completion of PQQs.
- General construction office support.
The successful candidate is likely to have;
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Spatial awareness and ability to read/interpret drawings.
- A friendly, client facing personality.
- Professional writing style and good grammar.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Ability to produce professional looking documentation.
- An eye for detail.
- Familiarity with measurement, units and scales.
- Mathematical ability in adding/subtracting, averages, percentages.
The package they are offering is;
- Basic Salary of £18,000-21,000 gross per annum, dependant on experience
- Company Pension
- Training and professional development support
- Opportunity to grow their role in conjunction with the company
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.
All our jobs are guaranteed to be genuine and all applications will be considered.Save job
This feature is useful for specific questions about the job. We screen all questions and automatically reject those that: ask for the employer's contact details; ask the progress of a job application; or attempt to solicit business.Ask question
View on large map
Share this job
Manchester , Manchester £20,000 - £21,000 per annum Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now We are working in partnership with a professional engineering insurance...
Job Reference: WR180530 Salary: £8.21-9.23 per hour Higher pay rate is achieved by: Referencable Work History or Experience Our client based in Warrington are looking to recruit a Chemical Process...
Vacancies Food and Beverage Supervisor Brief Description To lead the team to deliver a courteous, professional and efficient service of food, beverages and other ancillary products, whilst...
Commercial Solicitor Leeds Salary Negotiable My client is a leading and award winning international commercial law with offices throughout the UK and Europe and the Far East. They are looking for...
Vacancies Poker Room Dealer Brief Description To deliver the best gaming in town by dealing the games in a manner that will be expected to support the Gaming Services Manager. Job Type Part Time...
« Back to results CLIENT SERVICE EXCEUITVE / ACCOUNT MANAGER £20,000 per annum*** (£40,000 - £45,000 OTE) MANCHESTER CITY CENTRE (2 minute walk from the train station) ***Can be negotiated at...
Manchester , Manchester £20,000 - £21,000 per annum Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten...
Job Reference: WR180530 Salary: £8.21-9.23 per hour Higher pay rate is achieved by: Referencable...
Vacancies Food and Beverage Supervisor Brief Description To lead the team to deliver a...
Commercial Solicitor Leeds Salary Negotiable My client is a leading and award winning...
Vacancies Poker Room Dealer Brief Description To deliver the best gaming in town by dealing the...
« Back to results CLIENT SERVICE EXCEUITVE / ACCOUNT MANAGER £20,000 per annum*** (£40,000 -...