PwC’s Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resources and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of Service Areas including; Financial Crime, Customer Management, Compliance Testing, PMO, Contract Solutions, Finance Solutions, Business Operations, Change Solutions and Technology Solutions. We have over 2,000 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
About the role
As a Collections Associate, you will be a key member of a Collections team within our Customer Management service area, providing the highest level of service for our Clients.
- Direct interaction with a range of customers experiencing financial difficulties.
- Assist customers in repairing their credit history and proactively manage recovery strategies with customers to reach a sustainable outcome.
- Sensitively manage vulnerable customers and their cases in a calm and professional manner, in order to ensure protection for customers to meet individual needs.
- Deploy your understanding of Collections operations in order to deliver to our Clients requirements.
- Directly support the continuous development of Collections team colleagues, enhancing their knowledge and their ability to interact directly with customers.
- Work with team leaders and engage with individuals across the broader team to identify and support process improvement, staff engagement and consistency.
- Drive your personal operational discipline within your own team to instill good behaviours in line with PwC’s policy and procedures.
What we are looking for
- Experience of understanding and working in accordance with collections processes, procedures and related policies
- 5 GCSE's at grade C or above or equivalent (including Maths and English) and demonstrable collections experience or A level or equivalent with collections experience
- Experience in interacting with customers, providing them with a high level of professional service.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, and excellent verbal and written skills.
- A high level of attention to detail and experience following strict processes and requirements.
- Ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving mindset with an ability to develop innovative solutions.
Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite and google office suite, in particular strong knowledge of Excel, powerpoint and google sheets, slides and documents.
Where will you be based?
The role will be based in Belfast; however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond for short, medium and long term periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
What is in it for you?
As we’re responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We’re also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally. You’ll therefore be included on our specific Operate training framework, tailored to match your skills, needs and career aspirations. Fully funded by us. Our training programme is further enhanced through a variety of softer skills training sessions focusing on your relationships and leadership skills.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family’s) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
Job Description Who we are Our purpose - to build trust in society and solve important problems - has never felt more relevant. We bring our purpose to life through our focus on our clients, our...
Job Description The importance of your role. Fantastic customer care is at the heart of everything we do, and as a Trainee Pharmacy Advisor you’ll be part of helping patients feel good. It’s...
Supervisor As a Supervisor, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success. You’ll be working...
Job Description The importance of your role. Exceptional patient-centred care is at the heart of everything we do and as a Pharmacy Advisor you’ll be part of helping patients feel good. It’s...
Job Description COVID 19 Tester What are we doing? Boots has a strong and trusted heritage in supporting the healthcare of the nation and in this time of need we have stepped forward to work with...
Job Title: Store Cleaning Manager Location: Dundonald, County Down, BT16 1RN Salary: £21,538 + bonus, medical, pension, death in service, 33 days holidays (including bank holidays) Full Time and...
Job Description Who we are Our purpose - to build trust in society and solve important problems...
Job Description The importance of your role. Fantastic customer care is at the heart of...
Supervisor As a Supervisor, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for...
Job Description The importance of your role. Exceptional patient-centred care is at the heart of...
Job Description COVID 19 Tester What are we doing? Boots has a strong and trusted heritage in...
Job Title: Store Cleaning Manager Location: Dundonald, County Down, BT16 1RN Salary: £21,538 +...