Life at Boots
We are the UK's leading Pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. Our purpose is to help our customers to look and feel better than they ever thought possible and your role in this is really important.
As a Christmas Customer Advisor, you are often the first person our customers will see and speak to when they come into one of our stores or you’ll be working in the background to make sure we always have everything they need.
Our customers are passionate about our brand and we’re even more passionate about helping them to feel good. These roles have a huge impact on our customer’s in-store experience as you’ll be ensuring they have everything they need and want.
Christmas is a special time of year; it’s exciting but incredibly busy so we’ll provide you with all of the training and support you need to help you be at your best, having great conversations, providing excellent customer care and making sure the store is fully stocked with great products
Joining us as a Christmas Customer Advisor is a great opportunity, whether it’s your first job and you’re looking to gain some valuable experience over the festive period, or you have a passion for retail and are looking for a new challenge, we can support you.
Whilst this is a temporary contract, there could be the potential for a permanent role later on depending on the opportunities available, so it could be the start of a new career with us.
Together we can make feel good happen this Christmas.
As a Christmas Customer Assistant you will be paid weekly, one week in arrears.
What you’ll be doing day to day
Christmas in Boots is our most exciting time of year and often no two days are the same. You could be helping on tills or advising customers, in our back office helping to run our stock room, or you could be helping our online offering by picking online orders. Whatever it is we always aim to make the best use of your talents and some of what you could be doing includes::
- Helping our customers: Whether that’s answering questions and giving great advice on our fantastic gifts, showing where a product is when they are in a hurry or simply offering a basket, it’s the little things that make big a difference.
- Helping our stores run smoothly: Working with us at Christmas is a great experience but can be fast paced so it’s important we make sure it all goes smoothly. It could be helping with our stock in in the stock rooms, making sure we have the right products displayed on the shop floor or providing a great service on our tills. It all makes a big difference in offering a great shopping experience.
- Offering amazing customer service: You’ll get the chance to delight your customers with your customer service skills, showing them options they might not have considered before, offering advice and always aiming to go above and beyond for them and being a brand ambassador.
- Working as part of a great team: Pulling together with other members in the team you will ensure that the stores are always presentable and provide a store everyone can be proud of. Working as a team to solve any issues quickly and being able to adapt to what can be a changing environment is something we love about our amazing teams in store.
To be successful in this role you will have customer care at the heart of what you do and a true desire to help others. In addition you will:
- Have excellent communication and listening skills
- Demonstrate real energy and passion for customer service
- Great organisation and operational skills
- Be able to work as part of a team, supporting your colleagues and helping to deliver the business plan
- Have great attention to detail
- Be digitally savvy and comfortable with new technology
- Have a positive, caring attitude and be a brand ambassador for Boots
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
Information About Our Stores
We are now recruiting Christmas Customer Advisors for our Elk Mill Retail Park store.
We are looking for candidates to start with us from 29/11/2020 onward. We have a variety of shifts available, working between the hours of 0830 and 2000 and may include weekends - the exact shift patterns will be discussed at interview.
Please note that due to the anticipated volume of applications expected for this vacancy, we will close the advert when we have met our requirements.
Daytime - weekdays, Evenings only, Middle of the day, Weekends and evenings
Hours per week
16 to 24 hours per week
Office use only
Office use only
Retail, Stores, Customer Service, Store, Sales, Retail Sales, Cash Handling, Stock, Seasonal, Christmas, Temporary, Counter Sales
Poole - Store Manager WHAT YOU DO MATTERS… As the Store Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of your store – we expect you to manage your store as if it were your own business! In this...
Training Assessor - Royal Navy Air Engineering RNAS Culdrose, Cornwall £26,000 - £28,000 SF33229 About the role As a Training Delivery Assessor within our Marine Training business you'll be...
Back to Search results Location St Ives PE27 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days Monday - Friday Working Times Between 5:00pm and 7:30pm Shift Pattern Afternoons/Evenings Working...
Break into Prison Healthcare! Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? Are you looking to work for a company that offers support and development...
£17,842 pa 37 hpw, 52 weeks per year. An enthusiastic and flexible colleague is required to support our Site Team. You need to work within a team engendering pride in our buildings and grounds as...
Receptionist As a Receptionist, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success. You’ll be...
Poole - Store Manager WHAT YOU DO MATTERS… As the Store Manager, you will be responsible for all...
Training Assessor - Royal Navy Air Engineering RNAS Culdrose, Cornwall £26,000 -...
Back to Search results Location St Ives PE27 Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Days...
Break into Prison Healthcare! Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two...
£17,842 pa 37 hpw, 52 weeks per year. An enthusiastic and flexible colleague is required to...
Receptionist As a Receptionist, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for...