We are currently looking for an experienced Chef Manager to join one of our Chartwells site in Manchester!
We are looking for a versatile, experienced and hands on Chef Manager to work in a busy environment where no two days are the same. Responsible for the catering of a large secondary school, which is home to just under 1000 students. The successor will be responsible for managing a team of 8 other members of staff, ensuring strong relationships with Customer and Clients and finally, ensuring that GP and SLAs are being adhered to as well as ensuring that the best catering offer possible is given!
As a Chef Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Hands on catering approach
- Manage the delivery of the food service provision across unit utilising all available resources effectively and efficiently ensuring that all meals are provided to the required quality standards at the specified times to create a consistent customer experience and avoid any service failures or penalties
- Proactively promote customer and client relationships
- Promoting health and safety procedures and policies across site
- Ensure working equipment is in maintained in working order
- Complete all weekly finance paperwork accurately, forecast events, costings and supply to the Line Manager in a timely manner
- Effectively manage the team to ensure the best service and delivery is given to the client and the end user
- Lead and mentor the internal team
The successful Chef Manager will have;
- Good contract catering experience
- Have a can-do attitude and be able to work within a busy site
- Good team player
- Outstanding management skills
- Experience as a chef in a busy environment
- Well organised
- Able to motivate staff and be a strong leader
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong financial awareness of the business
- Be passionate about food and always working to very high standards
Chef Manager - Harrop Fold
- Up to £21,500 per annum depending on experience
- 43.2 weeks
- Monday - Friday
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Up to £32700 per annum + + £1300 callout payment + OT + VAN Greater Manchester, England, North West Permanent We are currently looking for a Gas Safe (CCCN1 Commercial standard) Service &...
£31000 - £32700 per annum + + £1300 callout payment + OT + VAN Greater Manchester, England, North West Permanent We are currently looking for a Gas Safe (CCCN1 Commercial standard) Service &...
We are currently recruiting for a Client Project Manager for the Science and Industry Museum in Manchester. In this role you will be part of a highly successful Masterplan team that over the past...
The Best Connection urgently require an experienced cook to work various shifts between 0700 and 1830. You will have 1 weekend off in 3 and you must have experience in large scale cooking. You...
Back to Search results Location Manchester/Leeds area Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working Hours per Week 40 hours Remuneration £50,000 - £55,000 per annum + £5,100 car allowance +...
Job Description About the opportunity A vital role in providing our customers and patients the very best experience at Boots Opticians throughout the customer journey. You don’t need optical...
Up to £32700 per annum + + £1300 callout payment + OT + VAN Greater Manchester, England, North...
£31000 - £32700 per annum + + £1300 callout payment + OT + VAN Greater Manchester, England,...
We are currently recruiting for a Client Project Manager for the Science and Industry Museum in...
The Best Connection urgently require an experienced cook to work various shifts between 0700 and...
Back to Search results Location Manchester/Leeds area Contract Type Permanent - Employee Working...
Job Description About the opportunity A vital role in providing our customers and patients the...