Permanent | about 1 year | Deadline: 31 Oct 2017; 31 Oct 2017
This position has expired. Do not apply!
£7.50 per hour + benefits
£21,780 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
We are looking to recruit 3 caring and positive individuals to support 3 men who live in the Hatfield Woodhouse area of Doncaster who all love to live a fulfilled and happy life.
We currently have three part-time contracts available - two at 25 hours per week and the other at 30. You will be part of a positive and supportive team who are motivated by the people we support
You will need to be kind and caring, and share some of the interests of the people that you will be supporting such as going to visit their families, the cinema, healthy eating, snooker/pool, going to parties, growing vegetables in their garden or willing to learn. You will support people to live independently. You’ll will need to be able to drive and support people to access the wider world in their own vehicles.
No two days will ever be the same, when you feel that you have settled in you’ll be able to use your imagination and have freedom in the ways in which you can help the people to enjoy their life and live it to the full. You will be required to support people with varying physical and health needs, alongside their learning disability to maintain their tenancy and support them to engage in the local community.
You will want to make a difference to the 3 men who all love to live life, it will really matter to you how well turned out they are and how happy they are on a daily basis.
The service where you will be working is inviting, happy and bubbly, it is clean and well-funded and supports the 3 men to achieve whatever is important to them. You will take a personal pride in how well you work with your colleagues and value the support you will receive from them and your line manager Gary right from day one The team see all their colleagues as one big happy family.
If you have never done this kind of job before then there will be lots to learn, but the caring side comes from you and should be natural, everything else can be taught.
So if you want to work with a supportive team that are more like a family, who will work with you to ensure a flexible rota for everyone, feel appreciated by an understanding manager, look forward to coming to work, support 3 men to be happy, meet dozens of other support workers from the many Mencap homes in our area who have the same caring and positive approach as you do this could be just the right job for you!
Could this be you?
What people like and admire about you:
• Your personality
• Your patience, respect for privacy and calm approach
• You’re always friendly and positive when supporting others
• You don’t panic and you stay calm in difficult situations.
• You have a great sense of humour, and can handle a bit of banter
• You are Sociable and like to chat – you pay interest in what others have to say.
• You’re happy to support people at times that are best for them.
• You value your colleagues and communicate well with them.
• Your desire to include everyone.
• You can do more than one thing at once.
• Your domestic skills and ability to help teach new skills.
• Your cooking/baking skills.
What’s important to you
• Helping people to live the life they want to lead.
• Building relationships based on trust, and a genuine interest in other people.
• Supporting people to make the most of a life outside the service. e.g. with family and friends.
• Supporting people to enjoy their free time for example: shopping, local events, swimming, gardening, boccia bowling, quizzes, dominoes, puzzles, drawing and colouring in, keeping in contact with families, bike rides, healthy eating and walks
• Supporting people to plan and enjoy holidays and new experiences.
• Helping others to look and feel good.
• Acknowledging the contribution of others.
• Helping people to develop their skills
This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
Vacancy ID: 10664
£8.07 per hour Doncaster , South Yorkshire Permanent, full-time 2weeks Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Are you looking for an exciting carer move, do you like a...
Meadow View Primary School Meadow View Primary School requires an inspirational teacher for January 2019 Temporarily for two terms. “I never thought as a parent I would see a school like this in...
Job Description Nuffield Health is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Physiotherapist to join the team at Sheffield Fitness and Wellbeing Centre. You will see a wide range of...
£15,000 - £25,000 per annum, OTE Doncaster , South Yorkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Live Web-Chat Doncaster, South Yorkshire **Please make sure you can...
Marketing Analyst for Growth Since 2015 Tutorful has taken the Ed Tech world by storm, helping around 10,000 students every week and growing 100% YOY. We’re a high growth, data-led startup with...
The Mulberry Unit at Maple Medical PRU, along with the head teacher and management committee are seeking to appoint 4 ambitious teaching assistants to join their team on a permanent basis from...
£8.07 per hour Doncaster , South Yorkshire Permanent, full-time 2weeks Be one of the first ten...
Meadow View Primary School Meadow View Primary School requires an inspirational teacher for...
Job Description Nuffield Health is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Senior...
£15,000 - £25,000 per annum, OTE Doncaster , South Yorkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the...
Marketing Analyst for Growth Since 2015 Tutorful has taken the Ed Tech world by storm, helping...
The Mulberry Unit at Maple Medical PRU, along with the head teacher and management committee are...