BULK GAS/ GAS TRANSMISSION SUPERVISOR/ OPERATIVE- £47k+ Package
My client is a rapidly expanding, London-based SME delivering mechanical and electrical services for both the public and private sector. Providing a variety of services from one off installations and servicing, to capital investment schemes and planed preventative maintenance programs with an emergency call out service 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
With the growth development in their Utilities Services (Bulk Gas) department they are now looking for an experienced candidate to join the team as a Bulk Gas Supervisor/Operative The purpose of this business-critical role is to take responsibility for the generation and distribution of gas utilities and service delivery across the North London-based gas contracts. The role co-ordinates a small team of SHEA gas-trained operatives and is accountable for the delivery programme of all planned and reactive maintenance tasks, to the correct standard and regulations.
* To provide the necessary supervisory and technical support in the delivery of gas utilities work (replacement, reinforcements, diversions, new connections etc.)
* Provide bulk gas related technical support in all instances (e.g. advice and guidance regarding operational or functional issues).
Workloads and Output
* Responsible for ensuring that all workloads, maximised outputs are achieved, whilst reducing costs by effectively managing all resources.
* Coordinate the undertaking of all allocated bulk gas related reactive and planned maintenance tasks to a high standard.
* Ensure that tasks raised by the planning team are within SLA requirements, with work orders raised on the system and completed in real time.
* Assist in creating a safe working environment to ensure the achievement of all health, safety and environmental legislation, engineering and customer standards.
Competent Person (CP)
* Having responsibility for the planning, organising and control of resources
* Delivery of site SHEQ including safety inspections, quality processes, writing routine operation documents and working plans.
* Physical delivery of the Network Construction Programme in line with the plan and client/company requirements, risk assessment, method statements, daily management and SCO procedures.
* Ensure appropriate checks are carried out in line with current gas safety legislation and standards.
* Attend relevant training where necessary to ensure professional competency and industry skills are maintained.
* Respond to and make safe all safety-related works following processes set out by the manufacturer’s instructions.
* Supporting change and encouraging continuous improvement to better working practices and processes ensuring customer clients’ needs are met.
* Safe Control of Operations: Competent Persons (RO Team Leaders) SCO 1 & 2.
* Safe Control of Operations: Authorising Engineers and Competent Persons (NRO Supervisory level) SCO 1 & 2.
* Safe Control of Operations: Authorising Engineers and Competent Persons (RO) SCO 5.
* Valid and up-to-date Permit to Work.
* NCO Level 2 Mains & Service Laying
* EUSR Utilities Excavation
* Gas Safe Passport
* Building maintenance services/engineering associated with commercial repairs and installation works.
* Sound knowledge and understanding for natural gas operations with relation to gas network, supply pipework, distribution pipework, gas valves, gas risers and meter functionality.
* Pragmatic, efficient and confident approach to decision-making.
* Translate drawings and schematic diagrams and have a keen eye for detail.
* Have strong diagnostic, problem-solving and data analysis skills.
* Able to remain calm, composed and professional under challenging situations.
* Able to learn new processes in a reasonably fast-paced way.
* Competent in Microsoft Office suite.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Possess a thorough, organised and detail-oriented approach to work.
* Able to plan, prioritise, and coordinate, multi-task and complete work assignments within deadlines.
* Working knowledge of IGEM Technical Standards, Gas Safety Management Regulations 1996 legislation and relevant codes of practice, engineering instructions, safety and statutory regulations.
* Experience in working with medium gas pressures (from network) of up to 75bar.
* Experience in delivering gas-related works in a safe and compliant manner.
* Experience in operations relevant to SCO procedures.
* Working within a social housing environment.
* Experience in working to deadlines in a busy office environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to continue your career within a stable and expanding market specialist, they can offer a clear career path and continuous professional development.
To apply for this position please contact Russ Cleverley AT Penguin Recruitment in CONFIDENCE.
£35,000 per annum London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply on employer's website Annual salary: up to £35,000.00 Are you a hard working member of...
£280.00 - £400.00 per day Enfield , Middlesex Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now To provide assurance that the council is meeting its duties under Primary and...
£38,000 - £42,000 per annum London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Gas Engineer £38k-£42k Basic Salary (depending on experience) + Fully...
Ardmore Group are seeking a Senior Mechanical Manger to Join the team in Battersea SW8 ASAP Duties are extensive Review the Employer Requirements, summarise into a check list or key items, key...
£34,000 - £36,000 per annum Hammersmith , London Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now We are currently in the market for 5 Gas Engineers to work on a Repairs...
£32,000 - £40,000 per annum Waltham Abbey , Essex Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Field Service Engineer ( Mechanical with an understanding of electrical...
£35,000 per annum London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£280.00 - £400.00 per day Enfield , Middlesex Contract, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£38,000 - £42,000 per annum London , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first...
Ardmore Group are seeking a Senior Mechanical Manger to Join the team in Battersea SW8...
£34,000 - £36,000 per annum Hammersmith , London Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...
£32,000 - £40,000 per annum Waltham Abbey , Essex Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten...