My client is a well-established, award winning Kent based main contractor building out interesting and often unique projects. Including both new build and refurbishment projects they cover a wide range of projects, from one off luxury multi-million pound homes to schools to leisure facilities and include listed buildings up to £12M in value. Being privately owned with genuine family values it is a company there is a strong emphasis on team work and rewarding all staff (50% of the net profits are returned to staff each year) combine to make it a company that people enjoy working at. With a staff turnover rate of less than 3% it is a company where you know on joining you will be valued, developed in-line with your career ambitions and promises will be kept.
It has been identified that by bringing in a dedicated Bid Manager we can streamline the bid process and improve the quality of bid submissions. Reporting to and supported by the Head of Preconstruction, you will work with an experienced team of estimators and design managers as well as the production team assigned to each project to help manage, design, write and win the selected tenders.
- Support the Head of Preconstruction in administering the bid pipeline process and assist in assigning responsibilities to various members of the bid team when a target tender is selected.
- Communicate and liaise with the team as whole to ensure that the proposals are reflective of the business and individual client's needs and aspirations.
- Write ITT Quality and PQQ submissions.
- Write client and bid focused market leading responses based on high level proposals developed with the Head of Preconstruction.
- Produce case studies and method statements as needed
While the primary role is as above if youwanted to expand your skill set and areas of involvement then there will also be an opportunity to get involved in a broader marketing function as well. I will stress that this will be your choice to do so should you want to.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Similar experience working for a contractor
- Ability to extract from the internal team members and external consultants the required information and summarise it in a concise and articulate manner in order to produce the finished bid.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an excellent eye for detail.
- IT literacy including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Email
- Good organisational and planning skills with the ability to hit deadlines.
On offer for the successful Bid Manager is a highly competitive salary (dependant on experience) as well as other benefits including enrolment in the company profit share scheme and pension. The company also offers all staff further training and development matched to your aspirations throughout your career. This also includes the ability to change role completely should that be something you want to do at a later date.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Breakthrough Consulting Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and all applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Title: Bid Manager Job Location: Head Office based in Kent Reports to: Pre-Construction Director Qualifications: Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant field. Chartered Engineer and...
Commercial Director NG Bailey is a family-owned business with a proud heritage and a proven track record of achievement. Position: Commercial Director (Contract Services) Location: Leeds Job Type:...
ROLE: Estimator - Civil, Rail, or Highways Experience SALARY: £60,000 - £75,000 Plus excellent package and company benefits / £500 Per Day LOCATION: London A market leading contractor is seeking...
My client, a Property company, has an urgent requirement for a Bid Assistant to work for approximately 2 months based in the City. Hours: 9am - 6pm Hourly rate: £14.00 - £15.00ph Length of...
Looking to acquire a new role? We seeking a tenacious finance professional to take on this newly created role with a close-knit, family orientated provider in Kent. Is this you? An organisational...
Anyone can offer you a job, we want to offer you a future! Why Parenta? To be part of a dynamic finance team where you will be able to make an impact Opportunity for career advancement and further...
Title: Bid Manager Job Location: Head Office based in Kent Reports to: Pre-Construction...
Commercial Director NG Bailey is a family-owned business with a proud heritage and a proven...
ROLE: Estimator - Civil, Rail, or Highways Experience SALARY: £60,000 - £75,000 Plus excellent...
My client, a Property company, has an urgent requirement for a Bid Assistant to work for...
Looking to acquire a new role? We seeking a tenacious finance professional to take on this newly...
Anyone can offer you a job, we want to offer you a future! Why Parenta? To be part of a dynamic...