« Back to results
Role: Assistant Plant Manager
Salary: £60,000 to £65,000 per annum plus 15% bonus. Great pension
Do you want to work for a company where sustainability and people are at the centre of what they do? A company who have forged joint ventures with fantastic companies across the globe? S Search Consultancy are currently searching for an Assistant Plant Manager for our client in Buckinghamshire.
You will be in a key position within our clients' operations, heading up a state of the art manufacturing business. Being pivotal within the business, this position will provide a springboard for high performing candidates within the global business.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for all areas of efficiency, waste, and production throughout a very past faced 24/7 operation. You will have direct reports from Shift Managers, Transport Managers and Logistics Manager.
* All aspects of production and achievement of daily manufacturing output
* Reduction of downtime and spoilage
* RCA upon process problems, ensuring corrective action is taken
* Using lean manufacturing techniques to create an empowered culture to achieve cost reduction
* Ensure quality is to the customers' standards
* Create an environment which promotes good relations, safe working practises and housekeeping
* Project work as and when required
* A high level of initiative and drive - concentrating on present and future needs of the business
* Results orientated, strives to exceed objectives, comfortable with taking calculated risks
* Focuses on longevity within the business and for the customers, internally and externally, seeing long term relationships as a fundamental route to success
* Innovating, keeping an open mind and actively seeking best practise, challenge the norm
* Strong leader who sets an example, and focuses their efforts on the achievement of stretch
* A clear communicator, who is willing to share information to facilitate decision making
* Sees thorough and in-depth analysis and the collation of reliable data as a key requirement
* Views meeting deadlines as a good measure of personal professionalism
* Possesses technical and managerial skills necessary for line management
Requirements of the candidate:
* Engineering degree (HNC/HND etc.)
* Preferably a post-graduate diploma (MBA, MSC Manufacturing)
* Six Sigma trained
* Experience within EHS, ideally NEBOSH
* Problem resolution/quality skills
* Manufacturing background within a fast paced facility is necessary
* Successful record in people management, and change management
* Understanding of modern lean techniques - SMED, Kaizen, 5S, Kanban, TPM/OEE, SPC, 6 Sigma etc.
* A management style which is orientated around training and development
If you are interested in this position. Call Josh Bridges on 01133088020.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Maintenance Engineer (Food Manufacturing) Brioche Pasquier UK is part of an international group and one of the largest food manufacturers in Europe. We have been present in the UK for over a...
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum Buckinghamshire , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now I am currently working with a leading global food manufacturing...
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY SOLICITOR- LEGAL 500 FIRM- BEDFORD/ BUCKINGHAMSHIRE Commercial Property Solicitor - 2-4 Years PQE - Bedford/ Buckinghamshire Commercial Property Solicitor- Bedford-...
Technical Sales Engineer / Sales Manager / Business Development Manager required to join a leading manufacturer of process plant and turnkey solutions used in the Surface Treatment, Aerospace,...
Technical Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager required to join a leading manufacturer of process plant and turnkey solutions used in the Surface Treatment, Aerospace,...
The Position: We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join a industry leader at their UK facility. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is a key part of the Business...
Maintenance Engineer (Food Manufacturing) Brioche Pasquier UK is part of an international group...
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum Buckinghamshire , South East England Permanent, full-time Be one of...
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY SOLICITOR- LEGAL 500 FIRM- BEDFORD/ BUCKINGHAMSHIRE Commercial Property...
Technical Sales Engineer / Sales Manager / Business Development Manager required to join a...
Technical Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager required to join a...
The Position: We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join a industry leader at...