Rockstar Games is seeking talented animators who are interested in making world class video games. We have a number of exciting opportunities within the Edinburgh studio for people to join experienced teams and develop ground breaking games.
We will consider applicants from all backgrounds but we’re specifically keen to hear from problem-solving individuals who have the ability to develop core systems and mechanics.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work in a creative environment on some of the most highly respected and widely recognized AAA titles. We encourage anyone who feels this is the opportunity they’ve been waiting for to apply!
- Create stunning animations that are both fluid and responsive.
- Work closely with programmers to create core mechanics and immersive experiences.
- Implement, troubleshoot and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
- Minimum 1 years of experience animating video games.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation.
- Outstanding demo reel.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations.
- Strong understanding of development issues in getting animations into a game.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with Artists, Designers and Programmers.
- Deep rooted interest in video games.
- Experience with state machines and motion trees.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.) is a bonus.
- Advanced knowledge of MotionBuilder and motion capture.
Job Title Lead In-Game Animator – Scotland – Permanent Contract – Video Games Job Category Animator Job Description Project: AAA Open World Video Game This studio is building a world class team of...
Job Title Lead In-game Animator Job Category Animator Job Description We are looking for a Lead in-game Animator to work on the recently announced video game Everywhere. Rich...
Job Title Animation Programmer - PC Console - Scotland Job Category Programming Job Description The role involves development of both the core animation system and wide range of high-level...
Title Location Edinburgh Posted 10/08/2017 (11:41) Agency S3 Science Apply Now Description Animal Technician Looking to get into a role working with animals? Want to join an exciting industry with...
Job Title Tools Programmer Wanted AAA Developer Job Category AI / Artificial Intelligence,Tools,Lead Programmer,Network / Online / Server,Physics,Web Developer,Technical Director,Gameplay,Mobile /...
Junior Games Software Developer Engineer - EdTech - £35,000 - Edinburgh - Permanent A very exciting and pioneering gaming software house based in Edinburgh are looking to take on enthusiastic...
Job Title Lead In-Game Animator – Scotland – Permanent Contract – Video Games Job...
Job Title Lead In-game Animator Job Category Animator Job Description We are looking for a Lead...
Job Title Animation Programmer - PC Console - Scotland Job Category Programming Job...
Title Location Edinburgh Posted 10/08/2017 (11:41) Agency S3 Science Apply...
Job Title Tools Programmer Wanted AAA Developer Job Category AI / Artificial...
Junior Games Software Developer Engineer - EdTech - £35,000 - Edinburgh - Permanent A very...