Administrator / SMARTWaste Coordinator-183498
Position – Administrator / SMARTWaste Coordinator
Salary and benefits - Competitive salary including company car, plus up to 7.5% matched pension, 2x share options, up to 10% off new Kier homes and numerous retail benefits.
Location – Leeds with travel to other sites and offices within the Northern Region
Kier Construction Northern is looking for an experienced Administrator to join the Environment team in Manchester/Leeds. Reporting into the Environment Manager, you will provide team support to ensure that waste management information is maintained at a suitable standard to meet legal requirements and the i ndependent waste audit. This is a pivotal role for Kier Northern to be able to perform waste management successfully .
- Manage a ‘SMARTWaste’ email account
- Register all new projects and offices on SMARTWaste.
- Manage the waste contractor database
- Manage the timber contractor database
- Manage the SMARTWaste subcontractor database
- Check all project waste data for accuracy monthly for all Northern offices
- Check that sites and offices have allocated their natural resource usage (ie water, electricity and fuel) to SMARTWaste and chase monthly.
- Check that each project and office is completing an ‘ongoing review’ every three months and that each project has recorded a post-completion review within one month of the project finishing
- Archiving projects once no longer required
- Remove leavers from the SMARTWaste system
- Answer project queries with respect to data entry, etc, especially with regard to BREEAM projects
- Update the SMARTWaste tracker monthly which details project performance
- Delivery of project specific waste and SMARTWaste training.
- Administer site waste audits - SHE Site Inspections (SSI) focussing on Waste Duty of Care and waste management on site
- Administer second party inspections
- Develop and allocate a HWCN code (England); for Wales, registering for the hazardous premises registration
- Register exemptions with the necessary Regulator and add the information to the Regional Register
- Undertake and support with general admin duties such as ordering new Waste Transfer Note pads, supporting with monthly reports and helping pull together relevant training packages
- Computer literacy in Windows
- Use of internal software systems
- Previous use of SMARTWaste desirable but not essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Diligence, attention to detail and teamworking
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to organise and plan effectively in a demanding environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- High level of inputting accuracy
- Have a customer focussed service/supportive approach
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Willingness to learn and to be flexible as required
- Health, safety and environmental awareness
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer
: United Kingdom-England-West Yorkshire-Leeds
: Kier Group UK
My client, a specialist UK based Engineering Consultancy which specialises in Drainage and Hydraulic Modelling, is searching for a Waste Water Modeller to join their experienced and supportive...
Our client located in Leeds are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to work on an interim basis for a large food manufacturing organisation. DUTIES: * Implement, control and manage small to...
The collection of waste and recycling has never been more prominent and the Cleansing Department of Environmental Services is expanding its teams at both depots. It comes at an interesting time...
The Best Connection Huddersfield are currently recruiting for their client based in Kirklees who are looking for HGV Class 2 (C) Wagon Driver using mechanical sweepers, refuse vehicles collecting...
£28,000 - £33,000 per annum, inc benefits, OTE Leeds , West Yorkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now A well established and recognised brand within Waste...
£46,000 - £55,000 per annum, negotiable, inc benefits Rotherham , South Yorkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Our client, a multi national waste to energy /...
My client, a specialist UK based Engineering Consultancy which specialises in Drainage and...
Our client located in Leeds are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to work on an interim...
The collection of waste and recycling has never been more prominent and the Cleansing Department...
The Best Connection Huddersfield are currently recruiting for their client based in Kirklees who...
£28,000 - £33,000 per annum, inc benefits, OTE Leeds , West Yorkshire Permanent, full-time Be...
£46,000 - £55,000 per annum, negotiable, inc benefits Rotherham , South Yorkshire Permanent,...