Administrator / SMARTWaste Coordinator-183498
Position – Administrator / SMARTWaste Coordinator
Salary and benefits - Competitive salary including company car, plus up to 7.5% matched pension, 2x share options, up to 10% off new Kier homes and numerous retail benefits.
Location – Leeds with travel to other sites and offices within the Northern Region
Kier Construction Northern is looking for an experienced Administrator to join the Environment team in Manchester/Leeds. Reporting into the Environment Manager, you will provide team support to ensure that waste management information is maintained at a suitable standard to meet legal requirements and the i ndependent waste audit. This is a pivotal role for Kier Northern to be able to perform waste management successfully .
- Manage a ‘SMARTWaste’ email account
- Register all new projects and offices on SMARTWaste.
- Manage the waste contractor database
- Manage the timber contractor database
- Manage the SMARTWaste subcontractor database
- Check all project waste data for accuracy monthly for all Northern offices
- Check that sites and offices have allocated their natural resource usage (ie water, electricity and fuel) to SMARTWaste and chase monthly.
- Check that each project and office is completing an ‘ongoing review’ every three months and that each project has recorded a post-completion review within one month of the project finishing
- Archiving projects once no longer required
- Remove leavers from the SMARTWaste system
- Answer project queries with respect to data entry, etc, especially with regard to BREEAM projects
- Update the SMARTWaste tracker monthly which details project performance
- Delivery of project specific waste and SMARTWaste training.
- Administer site waste audits - SHE Site Inspections (SSI) focussing on Waste Duty of Care and waste management on site
- Administer second party inspections
- Develop and allocate a HWCN code (England); for Wales, registering for the hazardous premises registration
- Register exemptions with the necessary Regulator and add the information to the Regional Register
- Undertake and support with general admin duties such as ordering new Waste Transfer Note pads, supporting with monthly reports and helping pull together relevant training packages
- Computer literacy in Windows
- Use of internal software systems
- Previous use of SMARTWaste desirable but not essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Diligence, attention to detail and teamworking
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to organise and plan effectively in a demanding environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- High level of inputting accuracy
- Have a customer focussed service/supportive approach
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Willingness to learn and to be flexible as required
- Health, safety and environmental awareness
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer
: United Kingdom-England-West Yorkshire-Leeds
: Kier Group UK
An opportunity to join a business that consists of a diverse range of companies. These range from waste management/recycling to demolition/ dismantling and leisure or pet products. They specialise...
Senior Water Treatment Sales Engineer- Bradford £30,000-£35,000 My client is actively seeking a Senior Water Treatment Sales Engineer to join their team in Bradford due to continued expansion...
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled individual with specific expertise in air quality consultancy to join a leading multidisciplinary environmental organisation...
We are looking for an enthusiastic Stores Operative for our Operational Depot site at Hellaby Depot. You will work as part of a small team within the Stores and Depot supporting services such as...
Competitive salary Leeds Bradford Airport , West Yorkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Overview: We are looking to recruit a professional and experience Post...
Location: Yorkshire Salary: £10.00- £12.00 per Hour Contract: Contract Type: Part Time Reference: VAC-AD044RN_1538121116 Posted: September 28, 2018 Fawkes & Reece have been asked by one of the...
An opportunity to join a business that consists of a diverse range of companies. These range...
Senior Water Treatment Sales Engineer- Bradford £30,000-£35,000 My client is actively seeking a...
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled individual with specific...
We are looking for an enthusiastic Stores Operative for our Operational Depot site at Hellaby...
Competitive salary Leeds Bradford Airport , West Yorkshire Permanent, full-time Be one of the...
Location: Yorkshire Salary: £10.00- £12.00 per Hour Contract: Contract Type: Part...