We are a two site, six form entry primary school with excellent facilities and a good grade from Ofsted.
We are looking to appoint an Apprentice Admin assistant, to work 35 hours per week at our Cannington Road Site. The successful applicant will work alongside an experienced team and will receive training and support to gain the necessary skills to work in a busy school office. The ideal candidate should possess good ICT & communication skills, be organised and willing to learn.
GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES:
- Undertake word processing duties using Word & Excel
- Operate photocopier/and other office equipment as required
- Take responsibility for continuing self development and participate in training and development activities
- Ensure compliance with appropriate legislation, School/Council policies, Standing orders, Financial Regulations
- Comply with the competencies and standards relevant to the post
- Ensure compliance with the Council’s Equalities and Diversity Policies
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, School, Council and Departmental Health and Safety Policies
- Cover the duties of other staff as and when required
- Attend meetings, working groups, etc as required
- The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the Headteacher/Chief Officer within the grading level of the post and the competence of the postholder
- Receive both telephone & personal callers/visitors
- Establish their requirements: answer questions, provide information & direct to appropriate areas
- Record messages as required and deliver to staff pigeon holes for their collection
- Ensure Visitors log is maintained
- Use Pupil Information System to locate Pupils & Staff as required
- Daily Attendance Registers
- Check information received for evacuation report and print report
- Input and update Pupil & Staff information on Integris to assist in the collation & extraction of data to deadlines
- Upload/Download CTF files for the transfer of pupil information
- Record details of potential Nursery admissions
- Make appointments for teaching staff
- Carry out signing out procedure for pupils. Ring Parents if required
- Administer basic first aid
- Liaise with other site office and external bodies when necessary
- Receive & sort incoming mail for the school & distribute accordingly
- Prepare outgoing mail and keep record of postage. Take to Post Office as necessary
- Receive/sign and check delivery notes for deliveries into school
- Receive envelopes from Pupils for school trips. Check name, form & trip name
- Record all confiscated items (jewellery etc.) that is handed in by teaching staff & keep in school safe. Record when items are collected by Pupils
- Sell School bookbags, water bottles & swimming hats
- Make tea/coffee for Visitors (as requested)
- Assist in daily operation of lunch system
- Monthly pupil returns to the L.A (mobility, pupil starters & leavers)
- Milk Returns
- Manage collation and delivery of application packs to interested parties and receive and sort completed forms ready for selection panel
- Cover scale 4 admin assistance during periods of absence, i.e. behaviour inputting on Integris
The post holder will: Undertake a diverse range of clerical duties, supporting the Head Teacher and Administration Team to ensure that all essential aspects of school administration are covered...
Want to work in a large post 16 facility in south east London? If so this very friendly and inclusive facility require Learning Support Assistants to provide high quality support for specific...
A lovely school with excellent facilities in the Woodford area are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to start immediatley. This role would be suitable for some with experience in with SEN...
Post 1: 0.6 - 0.8 FTE; Permanent Post 2: Full time; Maternity cover Required from April 2019 to join our friendly and successful primary school. We are seeking skilled, dedicated practitioners...
£55.00 - £70.00 per day Gravesend , Kent Temporary, full-time or part-time Be one of the first ten applicants Apply now Teaching Assistant required to support pupils with EAL Timeplan Education is...
GRANGE PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL Swan Street, Sunderland, SR5 1EA Tel: 0191 5490707 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Headteacher: Mrs P Wood Class Teacher M1 – M6 (£22,917 -...
The post holder will: Undertake a diverse range of clerical duties, supporting the Head Teacher...
Want to work in a large post 16 facility in south east London? If so this very friendly and...
A lovely school with excellent facilities in the Woodford area are looking to recruit a...
Post 1: 0.6 - 0.8 FTE; Permanent Post 2: Full time; Maternity cover Required from April 2019 to...
£55.00 - £70.00 per day Gravesend , Kent Temporary, full-time or part-time Be one of the first...
GRANGE PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL Swan Street, Sunderland, SR5 1EA Tel: 0191 5490707 Email: ...