We are a two site, six form entry primary school with excellent facilities and a good grade from Ofsted.
We are looking to appoint an Apprentice Admin assistant, to work 35 hours per week at our Cannington Road Site. The successful applicant will work alongside an experienced team and will receive training and support to gain the necessary skills to work in a busy school office. The ideal candidate should possess good ICT & communication skills, be organised and willing to learn.
GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES:
- Undertake word processing duties using Word & Excel
- Operate photocopier/and other office equipment as required
- Take responsibility for continuing self development and participate in training and development activities
- Ensure compliance with appropriate legislation, School/Council policies, Standing orders, Financial Regulations
- Comply with the competencies and standards relevant to the post
- Ensure compliance with the Council’s Equalities and Diversity Policies
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, School, Council and Departmental Health and Safety Policies
- Cover the duties of other staff as and when required
- Attend meetings, working groups, etc as required
- The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the Headteacher/Chief Officer within the grading level of the post and the competence of the postholder
- Receive both telephone & personal callers/visitors
- Establish their requirements: answer questions, provide information & direct to appropriate areas
- Record messages as required and deliver to staff pigeon holes for their collection
- Ensure Visitors log is maintained
- Use Pupil Information System to locate Pupils & Staff as required
- Daily Attendance Registers
- Check information received for evacuation report and print report
- Input and update Pupil & Staff information on Integris to assist in the collation & extraction of data to deadlines
- Upload/Download CTF files for the transfer of pupil information
- Record details of potential Nursery admissions
- Make appointments for teaching staff
- Carry out signing out procedure for pupils. Ring Parents if required
- Administer basic first aid
- Liaise with other site office and external bodies when necessary
- Receive & sort incoming mail for the school & distribute accordingly
- Prepare outgoing mail and keep record of postage. Take to Post Office as necessary
- Receive/sign and check delivery notes for deliveries into school
- Receive envelopes from Pupils for school trips. Check name, form & trip name
- Record all confiscated items (jewellery etc.) that is handed in by teaching staff & keep in school safe. Record when items are collected by Pupils
- Sell School bookbags, water bottles & swimming hats
- Make tea/coffee for Visitors (as requested)
- Assist in daily operation of lunch system
- Monthly pupil returns to the L.A (mobility, pupil starters & leavers)
- Milk Returns
- Manage collation and delivery of application packs to interested parties and receive and sort completed forms ready for selection panel
- Cover scale 4 admin assistance during periods of absence, i.e. behaviour inputting on Integris
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANTSalary £16-18,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) Closing date: Monday, 8th October 2018 Interview date: Week commencing 15th October 2018 New Barn School is...
Lead Teacher of Sociology (Tlr2c) Job Share Or Part Time Available - Full-time/Part-time, THE CHARLES DICKENS SCHOOL, 10 daysPay: MPS or UPS Start Date: Jan 2019 The Post A self-motivated and enthusiastic Lead Teacher of Sociology is required for January 2019 in this over-subscribed non-selective, co-educational school...
Learning Support Assistant Teaching/Child Support - Fixed Term, Sunny Bank Primary School 1, 14 daysPay: KR3 £15,628 pro rata 30hrs a week - Term time only Start Date: Immediate Responsible to: Class Teacher Purpose of the Job: To work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing...
St John & St James’ C of E Primary School is a one-form entry Primary School located in Hackney. We are a Federation of eight schools called Primary Advantage. We believe that our schools can gain...
Description Post Title: Head of Psychology School: Trinity Church of England School,...
Welfare Assistant Welfare Assistant Salary – Scale G4 - £12,276 per annum 12.00 noon to 5.00pm - Term time only We have a vacancy for a Welfare Assistant for this oversubscribed comprehensive...
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANTSalary £16-18,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications) Closing...
Lead Teacher of Sociology (Tlr2c) Job Share Or Part Time Available - Full-time/Part-time, THE CHARLES DICKENS SCHOOL, 10 daysPay: MPS or UPS Start Date: Jan 2019 The Post A self-motivated and enthusiastic Lead Teacher of...
Learning Support Assistant Teaching/Child Support - Fixed Term, Sunny Bank Primary School 1, 14 daysPay: KR3 £15,628 pro rata 30hrs a week - Term time only Start Date: Immediate Responsible to:...
St John & St James’ C of E Primary School is a one-form entry Primary School located in Hackney....
Description Post Title: Head of...
Welfare Assistant Welfare Assistant Salary – Scale G4 - £12,276 per annum 12.00 noon to 5.00pm -...