- Old Mutual Wealth
- Type of Contract
- Closing Date
- 14 October 2017
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join our fast-paced Finance function located within our Southampton office.
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to work as a key member of the Accounts Payable team, carrying out core business as usual tasks, such as processing and payment of supplier invoices, administering the staff expenses system, cleansing and utilising data from the e_procurement solution, monitoring and reconciling bank accounts, maintaining the fixed assets register, and various other administration.
This position plays a pivotal role in the Accounts function. This will provide the successful candidate with fantastic exposure across Old Mutual Wealth as a whole.
- Managing supplier-business relationships.
- Processing and/or querying supplier invoices.
- Matching purchase orders to receipts and invoices.
- Reconciling supplier statements against invoices received/paid.
- Preparing and reconciling the report for BACS payment runs.
- Preparing paperwork for cross-border and same-day payments (TT’s and CHAPS).
- Cleansing and preparing data held within the e_procurement solution in order to produce relevant and accurate accrual information.
- Administering the staff expenses system; including acting as first line support in responding to queries, setting up new users, journaling spend into the ledger, making payment, reconciliation.
- Administering the corporate card program; including tracking transactions, producing exception reports, responding to queries.
- Monitoring and coding all transactions on the Old Mutual Wealth disbursements bank account.
- Maintaining the fixed assets register; including journaling assets onto the ledger, running depreciation on a monthly basis, and reconciling all accounts.
- Creating AR invoices on a monthly basis, acting as credit controller, and allocating payments once received.
- Ensuring all processes fall in line with company policies and controls, relevant approvals are sought, and all work is cross-checked.
- Completing other supporting administration work as necessary.
Essential – Experience within a Finance or Financial Services environment.
Essential – Competent in the use of MS particularly Excel.
Desirable – Experience of accounting & banking packages (JDE One World, Perfect Commerce, Bank Rec, Payments systems).
Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
Good communication skills.
Good time management skills with the ability to flex to changes in demands and priority.
Working knowledge of MS Office products especially Excel/Knowledge.
Strong Communications and Interpersonal Skills.
Location: Southampton Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 Type: Permanent Start Date: 19 Feb 2018 Reference: SOU/804258 My client is looking for a Financial Controller on a part time basis. Your duties will...
Eastleigh , Hampshire £17,000 - £20,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 12 applications Apply now Finance and Payroll Assistant £17 - 20k, Depending on experience Full Time, Permanent...
Eastleigh , Hampshire £18,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Apply now CMA Recruitment Group is working with a well-established SME organisation based near Eastleigh, Hampshire, to recruit an...
Location: Southampton Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 Type: Permanent Start Date: 27 Feb 2018 Reference: SOU/804262 I have an excellent opportunity to join a small friendly team based just outside of...
Southampton , Hampshire £25,500 - £27,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 0 applications Apply now My client is looking for a Senior Credit Controller for their site in Southampton. Client...
Southampton , Hampshire £19,500 per annum Permanent, full-time 4 applications Apply now Based in central Southampton, a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and expanding telephone services...
Location: Southampton Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 Type: Permanent Start Date: 19 Feb...
Eastleigh , Hampshire £17,000 - £20,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 12 applications Apply...
Eastleigh , Hampshire £18,000 per annum Permanent, full-time Apply now CMA Recruitment Group is...
Location: Southampton Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 Type: Permanent Start Date: 27 Feb...
Southampton , Hampshire £25,500 - £27,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 0 applications Apply...
Southampton , Hampshire £19,500 per annum Permanent, full-time 4 applications Apply now Based in...