- Old Mutual Wealth
- Type of Contract
- Closing Date
- 14 October 2017
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join our fast-paced Finance function located within our Southampton office.
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to work as a key member of the Accounts Payable team, carrying out core business as usual tasks, such as processing and payment of supplier invoices, administering the staff expenses system, cleansing and utilising data from the e_procurement solution, monitoring and reconciling bank accounts, maintaining the fixed assets register, and various other administration.
This position plays a pivotal role in the Accounts function. This will provide the successful candidate with fantastic exposure across Old Mutual Wealth as a whole.
- Managing supplier-business relationships.
- Processing and/or querying supplier invoices.
- Matching purchase orders to receipts and invoices.
- Reconciling supplier statements against invoices received/paid.
- Preparing and reconciling the report for BACS payment runs.
- Preparing paperwork for cross-border and same-day payments (TT’s and CHAPS).
- Cleansing and preparing data held within the e_procurement solution in order to produce relevant and accurate accrual information.
- Administering the staff expenses system; including acting as first line support in responding to queries, setting up new users, journaling spend into the ledger, making payment, reconciliation.
- Administering the corporate card program; including tracking transactions, producing exception reports, responding to queries.
- Monitoring and coding all transactions on the Old Mutual Wealth disbursements bank account.
- Maintaining the fixed assets register; including journaling assets onto the ledger, running depreciation on a monthly basis, and reconciling all accounts.
- Creating AR invoices on a monthly basis, acting as credit controller, and allocating payments once received.
- Ensuring all processes fall in line with company policies and controls, relevant approvals are sought, and all work is cross-checked.
- Completing other supporting administration work as necessary.
Essential – Experience within a Finance or Financial Services environment.
Essential – Competent in the use of MS particularly Excel.
Desirable – Experience of accounting & banking packages (JDE One World, Perfect Commerce, Bank Rec, Payments systems).
Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
Good communication skills.
Good time management skills with the ability to flex to changes in demands and priority.
Working knowledge of MS Office products especially Excel/Knowledge.
Strong Communications and Interpersonal Skills.
Reed are working with a client based five minuets walk from southampton central train station, they are seeking a Purchase Ledger Administrator. This is a full time position on a permanent...
CMA are working with a growing privately owned business based in Southampton to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a permanent basis. Duties will include: *Matching, batching and coding of...
Southampton , Hampshire £30,000 - £35,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 9 applications Apply now PA to Directors Location: Southampton, Hampshire Salary: Circa £35,000 per annum (DOE) Hours:...
Business Support Administrator Location: Southampton Key Responsibilities: * Query resolution, dealing with complex invoice and order holds on an end to end basis, ensuring corrective action is in...
Cashier Assistant Job Ref 51117-6283 Closing Date 23/11/2017 Advertised Range (External) up to £18,000 Depending On Experience Type Fixed Term Contract Full-Time Department Finance Location : City...
AP/Cashiers Processing Assistant Job Ref 51017-6270 Closing Date 23/11/2017 Advertised Range (External) £18,000 Type Fixed Term Contract - Full-Time Department Finance Location : City...
Reed are working with a client based five minuets walk from southampton central train station,...
CMA are working with a growing privately owned business based in Southampton to recruit a...
Southampton , Hampshire £30,000 - £35,000 per annum Permanent, full-time 9 applications Apply...
Business Support Administrator Location: Southampton Key Responsibilities: * Query resolution,...
Cashier Assistant Job Ref 51117-6283 Closing Date 23/11/2017 Advertised Range (External) up to...
AP/Cashiers Processing Assistant Job Ref 51017-6270 Closing Date 23/11/2017 Advertised Range...