GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our global manufacturing and supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products every year
The company have a strong ambition to become best in class in supply chain by 2017. We will achieve this by delivering our vision to meet the challenge of growth by creating simplified, customer focused and high performing supply chains. We aim to meet patient demand, effectively introduce new products and incorporate new business seamlessly. We also aim to reduce our cost to serve whilst continuously improving and developing our work force.
To help strengthen and further develop our supply chain GSK is currently seeking a Site Scheduling Manager responsible for the Steriles and Inhalations business unit.
The successful applicant will manage a team of up to 10 scheduling professionals to ensure the execution of Production Scheduling (0-6 week Horizon) for all work centres within a single site in the GSK Manufacturing network.
• Key Responsibilities
Ensuring maintenance of an accurate Open Order Book so systems can be used to identify when product shipments are scheduled to occur.
• Ensuring execution of an appropriate scheduling methodology, for example, Fixed Frequency Repeating Schedule (FFRS) to package finished goods.
• Ensuring execution of a level-loading to supply the schedule with any intermediates required.
• Ensuring measurement of Conformance to Schedule (CTS) for all Production work centres.
• Ensuring attendance of Production Schedulers at supply chain performance management sessions (daily) to represent all work centres within a single site in the GSK Manufacturing network.
• Ensuring provision (to the Supply Chain Planning Team) of daily/shift performance figures for all work centres within a single site in the GSK Manufacturing network.
• Ensuring maintenance of an up-to-date capacity definition for select production work centres, based on demonstrated output and CTS.
• Ensuring execution of a pre-defined Performance Management process to ensure order fulfillment, whilst maintaining strict adherence to the FFRS methodology and intent.
• Accommodate any non-standard activities (i.e. NPI, artwork change) into the production schedule whilst continually maintaining adherence to the FFRS methodology.
• Ensure constant monitoring, maintenance and accuracy of all critical data fields within the systems that are related to work centers each Production Scheduler is responsible for.
To be considered for this position you will have;
• Practical experience in running Supply Planning processes in a Pharmaceuticals environment including interaction with Commercial operations. Experience of a Pharmaceutical and/or FMCG environment is beneficial.
• Good knowledge of logistics and shipping.
• Advanced level Excel skills required.
• SAP knowledge
What’s on offer?
A competitive base salary with an annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets.
• Benefit programmes designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support.
• Employee recognition programmes which reward exceptional achievements.
• Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
• A performance and development programme that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success
Interested in join the team?
Please apply via our online application system before 4th June 2017.
Help us knowing more about you by using the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 217 of 1000 Production Planner Company: Teva UK Limited Location: Eastbourne Reference: 491 Closing Date: 23...
Job Title: Inbound / Outbound Goods Coordinator Location: Teesside Salary: Competitive dependent on experience Hours: Full Time, Permanent - 40 Hours per week - 7am - 4pm The company is a friendly...
Job ID: KMH/NE/064 Job Title: Senior Site Manager Hours: 39 Hours Locations: Newton Aycliffe Employer: Keepmoat Homes North East Job Type: Permanent Purpose of the Role: To safely and profitably...
Material Controller (Fixed Term Contract)-36898 Description This is a Fixed Term Contract - due to end, June 2018 Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and...
Senior Site Manager-172299 Role: Senior Site Manager Location: Easingwold Kier Living Northern are looking for a Senior Site Manager to look after builds in the Northern...
Senior Site Manager-172298 Role: Senior Site Manager Location: Stokesley Kier Living Northern are looking for a Senior Site Manager to look after builds in the Northern...
Job Details New Search Return to Search Previous Job Next Job Send to a Friend Job 217 of...
Job Title: Inbound / Outbound Goods Coordinator Location: Teesside Salary: Competitive dependent...
Job ID: KMH/NE/064 Job Title: Senior Site Manager Hours: 39 Hours Locations: Newton...
Material Controller (Fixed Term Contract)-36898 Description This is a Fixed Term Contract - due...
Senior Site Manager-172299 Role: Senior Site Manager Location: Easingwold Kier Living Northern...
Senior Site Manager-172298 Role: Senior Site Manager Location: Stokesley Kier Living Northern...