Full Time | London, ENGLAND | about 1 month
£70,250 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Full Stack Developer Blue Chip Media Co!!
Posted 4 days ago by Jenrick Commercial Featured
London , South East England
£90,000 - £120,000 per annum
Full Stack Developer, Great Blue Chip Media Company, London Based, Up to £120,000 per annum + Great Blue Chip Benefits
As a Full-Stack Developer you will be a part of delivering our clients mission to inform, educate, entertain and inspire 230 million people from 200+ countries.
You will contribute to the development and delivery of an in-house, cutting-edge news authoring and publishing web/mobile platform used by 800 journalists in London, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney to create 1000+ articles from different walks of life every day: news, politics, sport, art, entertainment, celebrity gossip, travel, science, finance, etc.
You will work in small cross-functional teams using a range of tools – our client has a philosophy of using the right tool for the right job here rather than strict adherence to standards. They are migrating from Java towards NodeJS and Clojure.
The client believes that you will perform best having freedom and involvement in the in the design of the solutions. We prototype and experiment with new technologies and we use peer review to ensure the solution is maintainable.
You will be actively encouraged to learn the new skills and you will quickly see the value of your contribution with millions of people visiting our website – all our developers find it very satisfying
What experience do you need to have?
- A public GitHub profile would really help our client get a feel for what you’re all about.
What\'s the package & Opportunity?
- Very competitive salary that is negotiable based on your experience.
- Other perks such as a free onsite gym, employee discounts and a highly subsidised restaurant.
- Great equipment, we won’t scrimp on the tools you need to do your job.
- You’ll have the opportunity to specialise in areas that appeal to you, or remain a generalist if that floats your boat.
- You will have access to training days, e-learning courses and conferences.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Contributory pension scheme after probation period.
- Season ticket loan
- You’ll be the part of an internationally global brand – it will allow your CV to stand out to prospective employees.
- You will work on cutting edge web and mobile technologies in friendly multi- disciplinary agile teams using the latest open source tools and gain experience through pairing, automation, TDD and bleeding-edge agile practices
- You will have a great social network, gain invaluable experience from the field of your choice, learn new skills and develop expert knowledge at one of the most exciting media companies in London
Technical skills Needed:
- functions and closures
- inheritance model and sub-classes
- scope model
- type coercions
- methods of core classes (Function, Array, Object, Date, Math…)
- regular expressions
- Promises and generators
- ES6 language features
Knowledge of DOM APIs
- Nodes and elements
- DOM tree traversal and events model
- HTML5 DOM APIs (local storage, history, etc.)
Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Strong knowledge of node.js is a great advantage
- Core packages
- NPM packages used for web development
- Web frameworks - Express, Koa
- Linux commands
- Testing frameworks – mocha, karma, selenium
- Automation – bash, grunt, gulp
- Build tools – browserify, babel
- Code coverage
Some knowledge of databases is an advantage
- ElasticSearch query language
- Redis commands
- SQL language – MySQL and Oracle flavours
Shortlisted Shortlist Email job
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
The Opportunity This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful, global AV vendor as their Web Marketing Manager. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our client's...
Senior Procurement Manager - Industrial Products - International Manufacturer - Blue Chip - London - £80k + package This leading, internationally renowned manufacturer seeks a Senior Procurement...
Cutting-edge software solutions house seeks 2 .NET developers due to continued growth and success - to cater to their varied blue client base! Having won new and exciting projects my client seeks...
The Opportunity This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful, global AV vendor as...
Java Web Developers x 2 (London) Key words:- J2EE, Java, Servlets, MVC, ORM, Hibernate, JDBC,...
Senior Procurement Manager - Industrial Products - International Manufacturer - Blue Chip -...
Cutting-edge software solutions house seeks 2 .NET developers due to continued growth and...