London Wildlife Trust are very excited to partner with London Borough of Waltham Forest as an activity partner for the Walthamstow Wetlands project. To help deliver the Heritage Lottery funded activity plan for this, we are currently recruiting for a Conservation Volunteering Officer.
This is a great opportunity for you if you are passionate about cultivating an engaged group of volunteers for a visionary project. Some of the key duties for this post include:
- To plan, deliver and monitor a Walthamstow Wetlands programme of conservation volunteering activities provided by London Wildlife Trust. These will include a range of volunteer roles such as practical land management, wetlands management, surveying and monitoring, natural and built heritage guides and site explainers (e.g. Guide in a hide). The conservation volunteering programme will provide a range of volunteering opportunities from one off volunteering to trainee ranger internships (all in relation to the scope of the HLF funded project). This includes publicity & promotion, project and activity coordination and management and support site and project volunteers.
- To provide an engaging, site based and project-led volunteering programme focused on the natural and built heritage of the wetlands for Londoners with a focus on local people in the neighbouring boroughs.
- To recruit and manage volunteers on the volunteering programme.
- To be a visible London Wildlife Trust staff presence on site at the Wetlands.
- To liaise with the wider Walthamstow Wetlands team and other key stakeholders for the project.
The successful candidate will need to be knowledgeable and passionate about practical urban conservation and the aims of the project and of London Wildlife Trust. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills, with strong diplomacy and tact to be able to manage volunteer groups and stakeholders alike. You will be working with a range of partners on this project, therefore experience of partnership working and project management are highly desirable to be successful in this role.
London Wildlife Trust manages over forty nature reserve sites across the capital that are exemplars of urban conservation land management which engage the local communities that use these sites. The Trust delivers projects focusing on protecting priority habitats and species in London and works to influence policy makers to support this work. The Trust engages London’s diverse communities through access to our nature reserves, volunteering programmes and education and outreach work. To understand more about our plans ahead, read our strategic plan: For a Wilder City 2015 – 2020
To apply, please send a completed Candidate Details Form and Application Form (found on our website) to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 5th June 2017, 9.00 am
Interview date: w/c 12th June 2017
An enhanced DBS Check is required for this role.
London Wildlife Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
Please mention environmentjob.co.uk when responding to this ad.
Wildlife and Countryside Link (Link) is a coalition of 47 non-governmental organisations in England concerned with the conservation and protection of wildlife and the countryside. Job...
As a Field Team Leader you’ll be responsible for the delivery of a fast paced programme of maintenance works for our rivers and flood risk management structures in the Boston area of Lincolnshire....
Displays Curator-SEA0000ZE Description We are SEA LIFE London Aquarium and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments! We are currently recruiting for a Displays Curator who will be...
Title Salary/Rate £25,000 - £30,000/annum Location London Posted JUST ADDED! Agency W5 Resourcing Associates Ltd Apply Now Description Our client is a large Multi-Discplinary Consultancy who offer...
ClientEarth is looking for two reliable, self-motivated lawyers who thrive in a team environment to join our Fisheries team. UK Fisheries Lawyer (London-based) The post holder will advocate for...
EYFS Class Teacher – NQTs welcome – Ealing – ‘Good’ Ofsted 2015 – MPS/UPS Inner London – Permanent Position starting September 2017 Are you an enthusiastic NQT looking for your first position to...
Wildlife and Countryside Link (Link) is a coalition of 47 non-governmental organisations in...
As a Field Team Leader you’ll be responsible for the delivery of a fast paced programme of...
Displays Curator-SEA0000ZE Description We are SEA LIFE London Aquarium and we are part of the...
Title Salary/Rate £25,000 - £30,000/annum Location London Posted JUST ADDED! Agency W5...
ClientEarth is looking for two reliable, self-motivated lawyers who thrive in a team environment...
EYFS Class Teacher – NQTs welcome – Ealing – ‘Good’ Ofsted 2015 – MPS/UPS Inner London –...